Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Not Only Did I Spam You But I Data Mined Your Info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now how uber retarted is this?

Dear Business Professional:

[REMOVED] is the leading provider of business and consumer information products. At [REMOVED] we believe that matching the right message to the right market is essential to a successful marketing campaign.

We obtained your email address through our ongoing data compilation process. Please understand that your privacy is of the utmost concern to us. From time to time we would like to use the information we have collected to notify you of special business offers and promotions from our preferred vendors that we believe would be of value to you and your business.

If you would like more information about [REMOVED] and its products and services, please visit us at [REMOVED].

[REMOVED]

If you do not wish to receive these offer, please use the unsubscribe link below.

The email address they sent the email to is not accessible by the public, nor published to the public. Not only do they admit to data mining but that they will use our email address to send even more spam from their 'vendors'. Grrrr!

I just want to laugh and cry at the same time.

Domain Days 2024

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
screwed if you do... screwed if you dont .....

Do nothing and you`ll get spam for the rest of you life..
Hit unsubscribe .... they have a live one ... and you are rightly F***** , more spam than you could put in a can ....

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I unsubscribed. Haven't got anything yet. Seems to be a legit service that uses slimey ways to get email addies. The company is actually a datacenter that provides companies and individuals with data mining services.

If I didn't opt out, I believe they would have used the email addy for their data mining lists.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mac has this feature on the mail app called "bounce back" it's really cool and emulates responses that one's get when mailbox doesn't exist ;)

my biggest problem is the spam w/attached graphics which seem to be used nowadays as opposed to plain text.... it's out of proportions

Yeah gif attachments are a greay way of getting around spam filters.

Theres this one spammer who got ahold of our corporate email addresses, probably from a misguided mail with a heap of cc's.

Almost everyone in the company gets at least 1 of these gif attached spams per day and the IT dept hasn't quite figured out how to get around them yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom