Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Now that the "Domains Wanted" forum is one forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The one thing that will be annoying about grouping the domains wanted section into one forum is that people will post stuff like "Premium domain wanted" and when you click to enter the thread you'll see "Budget, $5 Max".

It just gets frustrating having to sift through the threads made by people with little to no budget looking for premium domains. I understand that the definition of "Premium" is different for everybody, but I imagine it should be at least a few hundred or it shouldn't have that word in the title.

The best option might be to have tags for different budgets (make it a required field) for the various domains wanted threads.

[UNDER $100] Looking for gaming blog domain
[$1,000+] Three character .com wanted.
[UNDER $10] Buying garbage domains.
[$10,000+] Corporate Brandable Domain Needed ASAP
[$500+] Decent Forum/Talk Domains Wanted

You could do other budgets also, but you get the idea. It would solve your problem of people not posting budgets in the OP also if you made the tags a requirement. It would also make sifting through the threads a lot easier, especially if we can search or filter by tag/budget.

It would also be a ton better than having multiple forums for different budgets which you just got rid of.

Think this might be possible?

Upvote 0

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stating the budget within the title[/B] as long as it is in a specific section.

The rules have been edited to reflect this - the price range needs to be in the title.

For example, one section for short domains in any extension (1-6 characters), one for NNN.extension, one for one-worders or real dictionary names; another for long-tail keywords, etc.

Names could also be categorized into general interests or niches, for example: health, IT, e-commerce, insurance, personal, home improvement, adult, domains, charity, social issues, diseases, family, education, career, jobs, online games, sports, travel/geo, webdesign, child, seniors, religious, political, entertainment, so on and so forth.

This would just put us back where we were before with people still spamming the forums. Someone wants to buy zip codes they could post in the geos, shots, numeric, and general.

The only separate section is for adult names.

Also...keep thread comments out...Problem you also have is people have to shoot their opinon in a thread..."Oh...you'll never get that for that much" etc.

Make the budget and what you are looking for in the title mandatory LLL.com ...Budget $50
Brandable 4 letter... to high $xxx

http://www.dnforum.com/f16/rules-subforum-please-read-before-posting-thread-287883.html

The rules were edited to reflect this - the price range needs to be in the title and comments were never allowed (if you see them please report them and we'll get on it - repeat offenders will get infractions).

Domain summit 2024

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The rules have been edited to reflect this - the price range needs to be in the title.

I still think adding a few price range tags ("thread prefixes" in vBulletin) would be the best way to require the price range to be in the title.

As far as I can tell only 1 or 2 people have actually added the price range to the title so far.

The thing about adding thread prefixes for price ranges is that people could then also sort by price range, filter by price range, etc. You can also set the "Domains Wanted" forum to REQUIRE a thread prefix be selected before the thread can be posted, solving the problem where people ignore the budget in title rule. It would be a much more clean cut way of doing it if you ask me.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/thread_prefixes

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/thread_prefixes

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/prefix_set_edit

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/prefix_edit

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have seen wanted thread that never end.

So sick and tired of "still looking".

Hell, I'm still looking since 1994.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like all the domain wanted posts in one section like they are. Having to post a budget in the title, or if there is a separate field for that which can be filled in, is a bonus too. But I didn't like the previous way of having 5 diferrent subforums for domains wanted, too cumbersome to look through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators