Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale NSI Inside Jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
who here thinks that NSI/Verisign insiders occasionaly dip into the bucket and snag names that should otherwise drop?

i've been paying attention to domain drops for a while now. a couple years back i remember a drop where some company came out of NOWHERE are snagged 3 or 4 amazing names one morning (this is back when they were dropping at the crack of friggin dawn).

there were a few players that consistently got the good names (Yun Ye/noname.com, Compana i think, the nill.net dude, and some others). then on this drop some group called Ascern comes along and gets FLIX.COM, FG.COM, HOLIDAY.COM and some others all on one day. and then they were basically never heard from again.

what most strange about it is that domains were picked up by NSI. drops are basically never grabbed by NSI customers. they don't have the right tools available.

anybody else remembet this or have other suspicious stories?

charlie

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Those domains show old registration dates. If they are showing new owners, it's likely a sale or a hijacking, not a registration.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainGoon
Those domains show old registration dates. If they are showing new owners, it's likely a sale or a hijacking, not a registration.

no - that was the date of the drop i'm talking about. like i said it was a while back.

cluelessdomainer

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i asked my friend who lives in cfalifornia about this and he said you are right, he remembered this from a few years ago. he said holiday.com was stolen by nsi it seems. i am new so i do not remember it, but he says it did happen.

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they did that, but it wouldn't suprise me if they did.

Soon, with WLS, they'll be guarding the whole hen house...

Won't that be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom