Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NYJ.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bong

n.v.d.p
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Domain LLL.net:NYJ.net
Your offers please.

NY like New-York

I accept e-gold,moneybookers

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys, this transaction was FRAUD. I lost almost 1k on this one. One more reminder to everyone that we all have to be careful.

Also, my advice to you all - don't use e-gold or other online currencies that can be used as a vehicle for fraud, due to lack of any ability to reverse the transaction.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Why is this clown not banned?

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. The guy is exclusive user here, so he paid somehow to become a member, there is a trace.

2. If he is a scammer I don't understand why he needs to post a message
"sold ( xxx$)". Why can't he just take the money and leave, why even to go and post anything?

3. Banning this user won't really solve anything, the real user might now even know that his account was compromised. The easy to guess password may be the cause of the problem, or dnforum db might be vulnerable. Taking down the forum won't bring any money, but imagine posting few domain names for sale a month through inactive user accounts - this can be really a moneymaker.

4. Don't trust anybody here unless people contribute to the forum, have many transactions in number, have reputation. To many people here I am ready to transfer domain name even before getting funds for it, but there are
many that can't be trusted right away. I have to be more careful now

5. I contacted e-gold, they blocked his account, but no way to reverse
e-gold transactions. For that reason I advise you all not to use e-gold or any other system that lacks any way of refund.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys, this transaction was FRAUD. I lost almost 1k on this one. One more reminder to everyone that we all have to be careful.
How did you "almost" lose $1K? Did you offer this, he accept, and then you discovered this? Sorry, I do appreciate the advice but it is quite odd he comes on, has a $10 offer, then SOLD so it does seems suspicious but not understanding your involvement. Or are you referring to another different transaction with this seller?

The forum is beginning to stink of fraud from all the postings and all the non paying buyers.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've reported thread, lets see what mods do

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc Com , I dont't understand you post.

re: How did you "almost" lose $1K? Did you offer this, he accept, and then you discovered this? Sorry, I do appreciate the advice but it is quite odd he comes on, has a $10 offer, then SOLD so it does seems suspicious but not understanding your involvement.

This is a sales thread with an option to offer to the domain name owner any amount. Yes, somebody as you can see offered 10$ for the domain name, but
I offered the amount that the seller accepted. As most people do I offered through PM.

re: The forum is beginning to stink of fraud from all the postings and all the non paying buyers.

Like many online communities DNFORUM.COM based on trust. I am very disappointed, but not too much can be done. I emailed to Adam yesterday all the info about the user, and he will probably ban him

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bong user account banned.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nothing really special happening:

1. the user posted domain name for sale
2. One of the users (me) offered acceptable amount thru PM
3. the user that posted domain name for sale accepted offer
4. I asked for payment instructions
5. I paid
------------up until this point everything was ok

5. never received a domain name
6. money lost because e-gold impossible to reverse

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bong user account banned.

nice job :yes:

be careful guys.
use paypal for smaller amounts & bank transfer for bigger. its free & safe
why people don't use this i'll never know
i got offered $7.5k the other day on a salefor sextoys.info
said no as they wouldn't pay by bank transfer. i'd rather keep the domain

sorry to hear of your loss provider

sudesh

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nothing really special happening:

1. the user posted domain name for sale
2. One of the users (me) offered acceptable amount thru PM
3. the user that posted domain name for sale accepted offer
4. I asked for payment instructions
5. I paid
------------up until this point everything was ok

5. never received a domain name
6. money lost because e-gold impossible to reverse

Wow.. quite an expensive lesson in my thoughts and thanks for warning us all. I think the only thing we can do to make Provider feel a tleast a bit satisfied, is to thank him for blowing the whistle on this type of payment and also on the guy!!!

Comon' everyone, let's do our part!!!!

HAMAN

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Provider =(

most of the scammers use e-gold, because of PayPal doesn't accept most of the third world's countries.

Thanks for your valuable time explaining your problem, as well as the lesson.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I see someone may be hacked into this guy account as the last time he has activities here was Januuary. Then all of a sudden came back at the end of June and start to post.

The posting styles are different from June and January and before.

So the question is 'Is his dnf account hacked?'

ChrissyBoi

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
4. Don't trust anybody here unless people contribute to the forum, have many transactions in number, have reputation. To many people here I am ready to transfer domain name even before getting funds for it, but there are
many that can't be trusted right away. I have to be more careful now.

I understand your anger at being duped, but advising people to 'carte blanche' ignore anyone who has not transactions and no reputation is not the answer.

I am a noob around here myself, but I am sorry to advise that even as a noob on here, I wouldn't have accepted the terms that you accepted.

I am sorry for your loss, but it's up to YOU to do your own diligence before you part with funds. As far back as January 2006, egold was fingered for being the payment processor of choice for crooks:
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_02/b3966094.htm?chan=tc

They have also been federally idicted as of April 2007 :
http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2007/April/07_crm_301.html

So if this is the choices that YOU agreed to, I'm sorry, but you messed up bad. Don't blame new users for your bad choices and for failing to do proper diligence before you handed over your own funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom