Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Of-Domain Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Okay, let me preface by saying you guys can laugh at me all you want:

I got home late tonight and didn't feel like cooking anything this evening so I decided just to grab a donut out of the fridge. I ate half the donut and halfway through I bit something hard and cracked my rear tooth on the right side enough that a piece came off and I am in pain and bleeding. Low and behold I spit out a machine nut that must have been baked inside the donut. I called the company who is well reknown here in the states, but due to the late call I doubt I'll here anything tonight. What should I do next? This isn't a joke either....although it may seem like one. What would you do?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Want to hear something worse?

I bought a bag of "precut, prewashed" vegetables at Publix. I consumed half of the bag (after washing them of course) only to discover to my horror a nice dog turd inside the other half.

I threw the bag away - perhaps I should have sued the bastards!

A machine nut? you mean a metal bolt???

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First save everything - the packaging (including shopping bag(s), receipt, etc), the remains of the donut, the machine nut, any parts of the chipped tooth that came out, etc.

You need to determine, if you haven't already, what satisfaction you seek ... being listened to, or also financial damages - if so, how much ... just medical or more.

If you're only seeking compensation for fixing the tooth, if even that, then you may be able to get satisfaction dealing directly with the company - be prepared to get little to nothing ... but if you're not expecting much, then what's to lose.

However, if you expect the medical costs to be very high (doubtful), and/or seeking lots of damages, and/or other motives, then consider getting an attorney experienced with food contamination cases asap. One reason you'll need an attorney beyond all the obvious is to protect yourself from a counter-suit ... if you sue for big bucks, they'll likely claim you planted the machine nut in there; made the story up.

Lastly, foreign objects in food, while rare, happens far more than it should - so you'll likely find much information on Google, library, etc.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom