Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Okay, Let's Talk About VIDEO GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize so many people still play the old 80's computer games! today's video games are becoming so realistic, sometimes I don't know if an ad on tv is for a new movie coming out or a video game.

The issue is that you also need a high end brand new computer to even be able to play the new games. Even pushing the limits of the console isn't anything new (Pitfall II for the Atari 2600, anyone?)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The issue is that you also need a high end brand new computer to even be able to play the new games. Even pushing the limits of the console isn't anything new (Pitfall II for the Atari 2600, anyone?)
Forgive me, but I'm still having trouble "understanding" why people would go for those gaming-grade computers, which are unreasonably expensive (for playing games) and should be used for more serious business. Instead, you could get a gaming-specific console for a fraction of the price. PS3 for example, also includes a Blu-Ray disc player, and reportedly cost more than its retail price until very recently.

Anyway, gaming is a totally different entertainment experience, if you compare sitting on your couch watching a big screen, high definition TV to standing in front of an arcade cabinet.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It says

403. That’s an error.

We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page. That’s all we know.

Hmm, I think you need to sign up for Google+ in order to access it.

Anyways, the entire project will be featured on a site I'm working with (Joystick.net) when it's finished, so I will re-post it in this thread for all to see when it's done. :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It says

403. That’s an error.

We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page. That’s all we know.
I guess we have to be in Stian's Google+ circle (https://plus.google.com/112601937234334007922) in order to view them. I've already added him (hope you won't mind, Stian), but I guess it's the other way round.

Really looking forward to viewing those albums. I actually scored better playing Galaga on a coin machine than with Namco Museum on PS2.

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

Hmm, I think you need to sign up for Google+ in order to access it.

Anyways, the entire project will be featured on a site I'm working with (Joystick.net) when it's finished, so I will re-post it in this thread for all to see when it's done. :)
Just read this post (after posting my last). I've added you to my Google+ circle, but am still having that 403 error. I guess we have to be in your circle to view them. :)

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I rebuilt completely an old standup Centepede Game, and one of those bar table type pong games this spring. Had to completely recap the monitors in them and replaced the flyback in the Centepede Game. Cleaned it up and oiled the trackball and I am good to go.

They are alot of fun to play after all this time.

Alot more fun than playing Centepede or Pong on a computer lol.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I rebuilt completely an old standup Centepede Game, and one of those bar table type pong games this spring. Had to completely recap the monitors in them and replaced the flyback in the Centepede Game. Cleaned it up and oiled the trackball and I am good to go.

They are alot of fun to play after all this time.

Alot more fun than playing Centepede or Pong on a computer lol.

I'm glad to hear there are more arcade geeks on here. :) There's not very many in Norway who still love these old cabinets, at least not compared to the US where there are cabinets for sale (and still even arcades) all over the country.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I guess we have to be in Stian's Google+ circle (https://plus.google.com/112601937234334007922) in order to view them. I've already added him (hope you won't mind, Stian), but I guess it's the other way round.

Really looking forward to viewing those albums. I actually scored better playing Galaga on a coin machine than with Namco Museum on PS2.

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

Just read this post (after posting my last). I've added you to my Google+ circle, but am still having that 403 error. I guess we have to be in your circle to view them. :)

I just added you as well. Check again if you can access my albums now. :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just added you as well. Check again if you can access my albums now. :)
Thanks, Stian. I am viewing the albums. Some REALLY impressive work there. :thumbs up:

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Stian. I am viewing the albums. Some REALLY impressive work there. :thumbs up:

Thanks, although I haven't really done much yet. I am currently working on the control panel while I'm waiting for a 27" Wei-Ya multisync arcade monitor from the US (those are getting harder and harder to get these days, as the CRT production is dead). :)

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Looking forward to see it. There are a couple completed projects around the place where i'm living. One guy is even selling finished custom build arcade cabinets. It's something i definitely want to make myself when i find sufficient time.

Even pushing the limits of the console isn't anything new (Pitfall II for the Atari 2600, anyone?)

Pitfall II, awesome game at the time. The programmers then were really pushing the envelope, I found this particularly true on the C64 where the games got better while the computer specs stayed the same as it was aging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom