Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Omaha Nebraska Shooting Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

BidNo

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm with Raider. Capitalizing on human tragedy is despicable, and assuming that's what GoDaddy observed, I support their decision to shutdown these sites. I realize it's a slippery slope but that's the wrong side of the line. And yes, I don't watch or visit a number of new channels because of their sensationalizing, "in the gutter" approach to news. I would much prefer this part of society crawl out of the cesspool, take a long, hot shower and rejoin the rest of us. If they choose not to, personally I don't want to watch them walk around smeared with feces. My $.02.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
but I don't see how GoDaddy has the right to close them down.
Simple: it's their servers and registrar accreditation they're paying for to give
one the privilege of using within contracted limits. If you lent something you
own to someone, don't you have the right to impose certain limits what they
can do with it?

No need to do business with one who doesn't meet your expectations, right?

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This incident is beyond domaining. When it comes to Humanity we all should be united. Let us express our grief and condolences to the ones that are Dead, Let them rest in Peace.

There is nothing beyond life and when someone tries to take advantage of a bad incident to make quick bucks, it just sucks. GoDaddy did right/wrong in suspending these domains, I don't give a damn. I applaud them for their decision whether it is legally right/wrong.

Again I am repeating to me Life is Grand and nothing beyond. If someone tries to be negative even in times of sorrow it just sucks.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
These canceled domains could have been anything from a memorial for the deceased to a motion for increased security at the malls. When a registrar imposes their choice of morals upon a business contract, as is the case with GoDaddy and its illustrious president, Bob Parsons, one should be concerned about where they register their domains at. Yesterday, I moved 15 domains away from GD and only have 3 more, waiting on the end of that arbitrary 60-day rule that only GD imposes.

nametrader

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People with morals will never take advantage of such a sad incident and those with morals outnumber those who don't way more. People without morals are negligible.

It doesn't make a tiny difference to Bob Parsons business I swear.

These canceled domains could have been anything from a memorial for the deceased to a motion for increased security at the malls.

Prove that GoDaddy suspended such names, some examples would be helpful.

I am not supporting Godaddy here but I appreciate what they did in this particular case as I am well aware of the situation.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think you're obsessing with the incident instead of the blatant censorship. Today this, tomorrow the press. We need to maintain the freedom of choice, otherwise you might wake up one fine morning with all your liberties written on the back of a postage stamp.

nametrader

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not conflicting with you Theo, I think what made GoDaddy do this is the bad Intent of the registrant. May that be Assumed or proven.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, that's my point. Assuming intent simply by registration of a name.

You do remember in the old days that no "f" word domains were allowed, don't you?

nametrader

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes it remains to be seen what's next in this case. I am very Humanitarian sometimes I don't see or feel anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom