Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

legal Omit dot com For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

EG.domains

GenericDomainMarket.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello John. The name is in the title of this thread (omit.com).

Gingerman-

Please let me know via Pm or by emailing me directly what name you are referring to, if you opened a ticket and the specifics on this. SnapNames does not just randomly take domains accounts without some kind of authorization. While your allegations sound pretty extreme I'm sure it has nothing to do with corruption and stealing.

Please let me know and we will address the issue ASAP.

Regards,
John Mauriello
[email protected]
954-861-3536
800-688-6311 Ext. 3536
FAX: 954-969-9155
MSN: [email protected]

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please let me know via Pm or by emailing me directly what name you are referring to
Huh ? It is pretty clear from this thread it is omit.com
And I am sure this happened I was in that auction too. And same happened to me with another name (also won on Snapnames, got the name and later was taken away from my acoun without any notice and I found it just by a chance). And I have been said it never happens it is really huge coincidence. Which was a lie, it happened to another people as well and now this case again.

I recommend everyone who get domains from Snapnames at Moniker MOVE IT AWAY immediately. Also watch your domains regulary because suddenly some might go missing.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought a name from Moniker marketplace, my money cleared and the name was added to my account. After a few days the name mysteriously disappeared and my money was refunded. Moniker claimed there was an 'error in listing' When I made a stink, they gave me back the name and requested payment, which I immediately paid.
I am sorry to hear that your deal did not turn out the same way.

I bought a name from Moniker marketplace, my money cleared and the name was added to my account. After a few days the name mysteriously disappeared and my money was refunded. Moniker claimed there was an 'error in listing' When I made a stink, they gave me back the name and requested payment, which I immediately paid.
I am sorry to hear that your deal did not turn out the same way.

topfetch

ShaiNeubauer.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what happened n this case was that I accidentally listed the name onto snapnames through Moniker. I had never done it before and was just playing around when all of a sudden I saw it was listed. I immediately emailed and called snapnames to remove the name. They had 7 days to respond and did not do so. I emailed and called nearly all 7 days. Finally when the name was sold they realized there mistake and did what there supposed to. I realize that this can be very frustrating to you gingeman but I believe the right thing was done here. I apologize they didnt send an explanation but you should have known what was happening because I pmed you that it was an error and I also had it listed on DNF saying its exclusively for sale here.

Warren2

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find all of this very disturbing.

I have always considered Moniker to be one of the safest places to hold my domain names, but if this sort of thing is going on I might consider moving my portfolio from there. The most worrying part is that judging from the posts here, similar issues, where domains have been removed from account holders without notice(!), seems to have happened to several other people also... :worried:

John, I think it would be in your interest to openly explain exactly what has happened in this case and how similar mistakes can also have happened to others in the past. As far as I was aware Moniker have had a perfect track-record in the domaining community up until now. If that reputation becomes tarnished by incidents like this, without explanation from the company, you will likely see a substantial outflow of domains in the medium to long-term. If this was just a simple mistake that we can all relate to and understand, it would be great if you explained to us all how this sort of thing can happen.

Can someone please elaborate if any of the domains removed from your accounts were held in an account with the "Portfolio Maxlock" feature? :?:

It seems I was posting at the same time as topfetch. This makes the situation much more acceptable to me, but it would be nice to get a confirmation that this is what has happened in previous cases also.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah the benefits of industry consolidation.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems I was posting at the same time as topfetch. This makes the situation much more acceptable to me, but it would be nice to get a confirmation that this is what has happened in previous cases also.

I don't understand how it is more acceptable that snapnames auctioned off a name, pushed the name to the new owner's Moniker account...and then snatched it out without notice to the new owner - two weeks later....so the name was auctioned in error or something like that. If moniker was called and e-mailed for 7 days in a row about this by the seller...each day the name was being auctioned....and they did nothing. They should be responsible...and at least it tells you a little something about their customer service.

topfetch

ShaiNeubauer.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...and at least it tells you a little something about their customer service.
Thats the way I look at it but I may be biased. Its a customer service issue, if they simply replied to my emails, phone calls, voice mails this would have never come to this because it would have been removed. They had 7 days and thats totally unacceptable.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what happened n this case was that I accidentally listed the name onto snapnames through Moniker. I had never done it before and was just playing around when all of a sudden I saw it was listed. I immediately emailed and called snapnames to remove the name. They had 7 days to respond and did not do so. I emailed and called nearly all 7 days. Finally when the name was sold they realized there mistake and did what there supposed to. I realize that this can be very frustrating to you gingeman but I believe the right thing was done here. I apologize they didnt send an explanation but you should have known what was happening because I pmed you that it was an error and I also had it listed on DNF saying its exclusively for sale here.

Agree very confusing

1. Log in at moniker
2. check off domain at hit submit to snapnames
3. log-into snapnames
4. domain shows "Pending Setup"
5. enter a reserve and click submit

Warren2

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how it is more acceptable that snapnames auctioned off a name, pushed the name to the new owner's Moniker account...and then snatched it out without notice to the new owner - two weeks later
You are right of course. To the buyer the situation is completely unacceptable. The word I should have used is "explainable".

It will be interesting to hear John's comments on how this can happen, and in several cases apparently.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I have this email

Hello Chris,

I sincerely apologize for this issue. Unfortunately the seller inadvertently listed this domain; it was an honest mistake. It was anomaly.

Again our apologies for the inconvenience, as a good customer we would extend you the same courtesy.

Regards,

Michele Van Tilborg

Director, SnapNames & Moniker Marketplace

I don't know what to say. What a smashing apology. I have an apology via pm from topfetch, although his reads like he might have actually looked at his screen when he wrote it, which is more than I can say for this from Snapnames.

I'm not trying to be a dick about this (it comes naturally), I have been a customer of both companies with nothing but praise for moniker in particular for some time, but it is not an anomaly as is clear from the thread. Also, I struggle with how a double opt-in method to list domains at snapnames was performed 'in error', but what do I know...

Seeing as my loss is not great and I have my money back, I will just chalk one up to experience, and I feel people can make up their own minds from this thread. There are clearly some disadvantages to the consolidation/monopolization of the industry leaders as well as some positives. There is some good advice here from other users and I will take it all on board and not take for granted the security of my domains anywhere.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What an absolute load of BS on behalf of Snapnames/Moniker. Highly disappointing.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes. Really lame of Moniker and snapnames....

although exactly what I would expect from oversee...

Soofi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know unacceptable from customer service point of view, however arent we blowing this outta proportion??

He placed a bid and won, but since buyer had mistakenly submitted a name for auction.. company cant do much and still gets the blame game just cuz one odd email or several weren't responded or enacted on time by customer service dept.

Give it a rest guys, Chris got refund in his account.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^The biggest problem is they DID NOT INFORM HIM ABOUT THAT.
Should he not notice it for some rason - he would have neither domain nor money.
SAME HAPPENED TO ME, except they did not sell me by mistake but they SOLD IT AGAIN

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know unacceptable from customer service point of view, however arent we blowing this outta proportion??

He placed a bid and won, but since buyer had mistakenly submitted a name for auction.. company cant do much and still gets the blame game just cuz one odd email or several weren't responded or enacted on time by customer service dept.

Give it a rest guys, Chris got refund in his account.

You have totally missed the points of this.

1st point.

How do you accidentally list something, which requires you to physically log in to one account, select the name, submit it, then go to your snapnames account and activate it by setting its price. Seriously, I would call that a change of heart, not a mistake...

2nd point.

Because moniker and snapnames are now in "partnership" they feel they can do as they please with my portfolio of premium names, without so much a an email notifcation to tell me they were taking the name. If I had not seen it listed it could have been a month until I noticed. You are also missing that this is not an isolated incident. If you don't mind your registrar silently dipping into your account and pushing your names to somebody else then fine, but your damn right it gets my back up.

Anyhow, I see this going nowhere, corporate muscle and bullsh!t win again, consider the issue over as far as I am concerned. I had an offer on a house accepted yesterday so the money is more use than a tainted domain.

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1st point.

How do you accidentally list something, which requires you to physically log in to one account, select the name, submit it, then go to your snapnames account and activate it by setting its price. Seriously, I would call that a change of heart, not a mistake...

Perhaps, but if you offer something for sale and then have a change of heart before an offer to buy it is made, you have the right to yank it from the auction block. The fact that the auction might have had a backlog in their customer service department doesn't change the fact that the seller had a change of heart in time to end the auction.

Because moniker and snapnames are now in "partnership" they feel they can do as they please with my portfolio of premium names, without so much a an email notifcation to tell me they were taking the name. If I had not seen it listed it could have been a month until I noticed. You are also missing that this is not an isolated incident. If you don't mind your registrar silently dipping into your account and pushing your names to somebody else then fine, but your damn right it gets my back up.

Still haven't bothered to read the terms and conditions, have you?

It might bet Moniker's back up that you checked a box that said "I agree" without reading the agreement. Most people don't, and many online companies bank on that. However, lets look at the lesson we can all learn from this -- READ the agreements! If you find something in there that troubles you, post the troubling clauses on the boards to try and influence the companies to change them.

Personally, I prefer Moniker because their terms are the most reasonable, and I've been delighted with their customer service. Sure, sometimes it takes longer than I'd hoped to hear back, but other times I'm amazed at the speed. Same thing with my local Dunkin' Donuts. When there is a long line, I happen to wait longer for my coffee.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still haven't bothered to read the terms and conditions, have you?
No. And I never will. I am English and I have integrity, I don't hide behind clauses hidden behind pages of bullsh!t, and if I read the terms and conditions of every company I do business with I wouldn't do anything else. When a company like oversee.net take as much of my money as they do every year, I expect them to bother emailing me before taking my domains, whatever it says in their terms.
Trust plays a big part in business, particularly online, and they just lost mine.

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I've really tried to give you the benefit of the doubt at every turn. But, that seems to be impossible at this point.

Saying "I never will" just makes you sound like a crybaby throwing a temper tantrum. You don't know what you agreed to, and you refuse to know, yet you think that you should get more than you bargained for.

I agree that customer service is always a place where businesses can improve, but it is obvious that Oversee could give you a free hand job with each domain transfer and you'd still be a pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom