Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdtechindia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have many domains with Resellerclub and a few with Godaddy.

I missed to renew my domains at Godaddy.

The domains expired on 20 December and now they are wanting $80 for redemption of each domain :?:

I contacted Godaddy and they told me that after expiry, a domain should be renewed within 18 days. Or, they will charge $80 per domain ?

Resellerclub is having a 40 days time to renew, without paying anything additional. And, other registrars also have much longer time.

Why Godaddy is trying to cheat here ?

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah it is crazy. Name.com has 25 days, Dynadot has even more but GD only allows 18 days..

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah i absolutely hate this about GD. I dont know any other place that has such a short grace. I just renewed some MOniker domains that expired 36 days ago :yes:

i lost quite a few domains at GD because i thought i had 30 days to renew, but i was wrong and they charge like $75 to get them back

gdtechindia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this company has started cheating. i am managing reseller accounts for many people and i can tell that this practice is nothing but a new way to extract money from domain name owners. sometimes, when the domains are good, a person has no option but to pay huge sum. Even compared to Resellerclub ($60), their restore charges are higher ($80).

And, i am sure that all this money goes in pocket of Godaddy. They don't give anything to the registry, unless the domain is in Redemption period.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah i absolutely hate this about GD. I dont know any other place that has such a short grace. I just renewed some MOniker domains that expired 36 days ago :yes:

i lost quite a few domains at GD because i thought i had 30 days to renew, but i was wrong and they charge like $75 to get them back
you have to watch sometimes, certain registrars will resell your domain less than 2 weeks after it expires. mydomain.com is one of them. if your domain sells its gone in less than 2 weeks, if it doesn't then its there for over 30.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be cheaper to buy the names back at the closeouts :D

MejCdj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe set auto renew and don't let the domains expire to begin with would be a better solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom