Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Open 'Domains for Sale' Forum to Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems very few sales are happening in the Sale forum like there used to be.

Currently this forum has a limited audience and we are trying to sell to the same people over and over.

If the Management would open this forum to be viewed by everyone, I think a lot more sales would occur as a lot of my sales previously came from people lurking.

Upvote 0

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has been suggested a few times. It is important for guests to see that this is a productive forum, especially the domains for sale forum.

I am not against opening the entire forum (for viewing only) to guests, except for the private platinum room, and expiring domains forum, which is viewable to gold or platinum only.

Suggestion noted.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yup, I agree ... SOMETHING needs to happen!

Also, incorporate whatever this SOMETHING may be into the "Live auctions", as well ... last week's final numbers appeared pretty poor. Perhaps someone could post as to its actual attendance, but it feels like the enthusiasm has waned, of late.

I see new members are joining ... are they doing so primarily to BUY, or to sell? Is it "targeted", qualified traffic leading to this new membership? What other improvements are in store for the near-term to improve sales? Good stuff.
Thanks for posting.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should all get our money back for these accounts we paid for and go back to a FREE forum. Would make life a little easier for all of us except DCG.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameGuy
It seems very few sales are happening in the Sale forum like there used to be.

Currently this forum has a limited audience and we are trying to sell to the same people over and over.

If the Management would open this forum to be viewed by everyone, I think a lot more sales would occur as a lot of my sales previously came from people lurking.

I'm in basic agreement with NameGuy, but I would like for guests to be able to reply in the "Sales Threads", so they too could make offers on domain names for sale.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by biggedon

I would like for guests to be able to reply in the "Sales Threads", so they too could make offers on domain names for sale.

Guests will never be able to reply to threads. Silver membership is free, and silver members can reply to threads.

Do you really want to transact with a guest? :confused: Think about it. The forum has no registration info for guests.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes... you PLATS aren't buying ;),

need some newbies in!

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was contacted outside DNF the other day by a guest who viewed my " For Sale Thread " wishing to buy a Domain, transaction was little $ but went smoothly.

Mike

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
Do you really want to transact with a guest? :confused: Think about it. The forum has no registration info for guests.

But do they have Paypal, and are they BUYERS?!? :eek:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tippy
I was contacted outside DNF the other day by a guest who viewed my " For Sale Thread " wishing to buy a Domain, transaction was little $ but went smoothly.

Mike

Impossible. Guests currently can't view for sale threads. Must have been a silver member.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your wish is NHLrat's command :)

Forums are now viewable by guests, except of course, expiring domains, and the private platinum forum.

:D

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
great... bring the buyers on ;)

(wilco puts his red wine down and wishes he would shutup..)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Your wish is NHLrat's command :)

Forums are now viewable by guests, except of course, expiring domains, and the private platinum forum.

:D

Praise be!!
Thank you, NHL! Thank you, GD!! :D

ADDED: Quick question ... and I'll be out of your hair, GD ... now, these "guests" will now be able to VIEW. OK. They will not be able to PM, correct? They will not be able to E-mail (from the site), correct? If so, would you advise that every member now publish their E-mail address in their "signature" in order to be potentially contacted from these views?? I'm sorry if I'm 'missing a link, quite literally. Appreciate it.
:cool:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When guests try to post, they are taken to the sign-up page where they can become silver members for free.

This is how member-based sites work.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When guests try to post, they are taken to the sign-up page where they can become silver members for free.

This is how member-based sites work.

Gotcha! ;)
I'll post my E-mail address.
Thanks.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
say welcome to spam them coolhost, people will spider this site and grab that email address and you should see about a 1000% increase in domain spam within a week.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Fresh blood....errr customers :D

BTW are multiple threads FOR SALE allowed now? I swear I can see double/triple in the forum ;)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can gold post new threads in sales forums?
we need some perks over silver members :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fastautos
Can gold post new threads in sales forums?
we need some perks over silver members :)

Nooo ... but you can BUY from those "sales forums"! :D
Have fun.
Seriously, though, what would then be the perk of Platinum membership over Gold membership ... ability to list in the Live auction(s) and a lousy "Platinum private" only section?
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom