Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Open 'Domains for Sale' Forum to Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems very few sales are happening in the Sale forum like there used to be.

Currently this forum has a limited audience and we are trying to sell to the same people over and over.

If the Management would open this forum to be viewed by everyone, I think a lot more sales would occur as a lot of my sales previously came from people lurking.

Upvote 0

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
... ability to list in the Live auction(s) and a lousy "Platinum private" only section?

So the Private Platinum section is "lousy"?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we basically got screwed with the owner change over, I think Goldies should get one topic per day in the sales forum, and we should also be able to ask for appraisals, seeing as I and many other goldies help out in those fourms

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Platinum Members get only one thread per day in the sales section so how could the same be offered to Goldies.

I was a goldie for a while but had to upgrade to take advantage of having a Platinum Membership, appraisals and sales threads basically.

These rules where in affect while old managment was still in place so I don't think it has anything to do with the new owners.

The rules can't easly be changed now.

Mike

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fastautos
we basically got screwed with the owner change over, I think Goldies should get one topic per day in the sales forum, and we should also be able to ask for appraisals, seeing as I and many other goldies help out in those fourms

Originally posted by Tippy
Platinum Members get only one thread per day in the sales section so how could the same be offered to Goldies.
...These rules where in affect while old managment was still in place so I don't think it has anything to do with the new owners....

Thanks for pointing that out Tippy :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's the "bottom line", as I see it; Whether "old" management or "new" management ... the majority of us upgraded in order to gain access to potentially sell more domains. Access to Sales threads and the Live auctions were integral in that decision.
For whatever reason(s), IMHO, the Sales threads and Live auctions do not appear to be as active as they once were. For me, having access to appraisals and the "Platinum private" do not make up for the recent inactivity in these other crucial, premium areas.
What can I say? It's from the heart, I'm not remiss about having upgraded, I like everyone just fine (including "new" management) ... but there needs to be some measures taken to increase productivity (ie., attract buyers). I don't believe I'm alone in this thinking!
I'm confident it's being addressed ... and wish everyone the very best with their sales.
Thanks.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains

Guests will never be able to reply to threads. Silver membership is free, and silver members can reply to threads.

Do you really want to transact with a guest? :confused: Think about it. The forum has no registration info for guests.

I didn't know that silver members could reply to sales threads.

Those are the "guests" to whom I was referring.

Thanks

micro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the solution would be to scrap the pay for membership stuff..

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by micro
the solution would be to scrap the pay for membership stuff..

Perhaps. Maybe some words from management regarding the issue would help to clarify where we're headed ... in light of the popularity of this thread.
Thanks.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost.com

Perhaps. Maybe some words from management regarding the issue would help to clarify where we're headed ... in light of the popularity of this thread.
Thanks.

What are you talking about? Nameguy offered a suggestion, and we already honored it. Reread the thread :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains

What are you talking about? Nameguy offered a suggestion, and we already honored it. Reread the thread :)

Sorry. I meant about potentially scrapping the membership fee(s), as mentioned here in this thread. I'm wondering what other's thoughts are on this subject, including management.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom