Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ORG or BIZ ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Better for what? Answer this, and you will have your answer.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Org is a lot more valuable, but it may make the name sound like an organization, so is some cases, biz may be preferred, and even be more valuable.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The two suffix's each hold their own "platform"..

Hard to determine which is worth more.. as they are somewhat opposites..

.org is ideal for an NPO.. organization
where the .biz is for a "business" related site..

imo.. the .org is more valuable in terms of resale..
ONLY IF.. the prefix is in balance..

a .biz sometimes is the left over, when the .com is taken.
ie: a 'commerce' based site would NOT choose a .org.. if the .com or .biz is taken.. just my 2cents..

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by subc0nci0us
Which one is better?

-----------------------------------------------------
>> Stupid newbie questions... :D <<

.ORG

Unregistered

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DrWho

.ORG

but ... .BIZ prevails for companies IMO.
(in case you cant get .com)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.org

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
definately .org.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
depends on the name.
show.biz is more valuable than 2 letters .org

M

mole

Really depends on your business model fit.

.org by internet addressing taxonomy is for non-profit organisations. Has a very noble, authoritative ring about it.

.biz by internet addressing taxonomy is for businesses, particularly those engaged in b2b. .com, in comparison, is very much a b2c business platform.

If you look at things beyond blind and casual type-ins, every tld is symbolic of a meaning, and symbolic of what the site it calls to stands for. Some cctlds have been bastardised by commercial entities to the point of ridiculous proportions like .tv, .cc, .cd, .fm, but at the end of the day, there is always - method in madness.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As many have previously posted, it depends; but the restriction that you are not allowed to register a .biz JUST for the purpose of reselling it makes it less valuable for investment.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
.biz JUST for the purpose of reselling it makes it less valuable for investment.

I disagree with you---big time!. I think making .biz for "business only" --keeping it closed---was a stroke of genius. Most people will only realize this in the next few years when it will be too late.

Why? Instead of being actively speculated on, most people who needed a name for their business have purchased the name with the intent to build. In the end development or lack of will make or break a TLD.

Keep this in mind too: "biz" is a GENERIC 3-letter word that is frequently used (branding, branding, branding)

Lastly, when more TLD's come out, I think .biz's stature will only grow due to it's "business centric" appeal.

So yes, don't buy a .biz, you'll lose your investment! :D

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hate both.
Will stick to .com,.de and .net from now on.

The only thing these new non-cc extensions are good for is SEO and for that i prefer .ws because most generics are still avail there.

And somehow .ws doesn't look as crappy as .org (if you say "org" it sounds like a frog - and it looks like one too) or .biz :D

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
I hate both.
And somehow .ws doesn't look as crappy as .org (if you say "org" it sounds like a frog - and it looks like one too) or .biz :D

Looks are deceiving---:cool:

Please note: .de doesn't "sound" very good to the rest of the world, but to any german, it "sounds" really good. I think this settles the "sounds like" argument once and for all.

[izopod, leans back in leather chair with Tchaikovasky playing and ponders a .biz centric world! D]

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
I disagree with you---big time!. I think making .biz for "business only" --keeping it closed---was a stroke of genius ... So yes, don't buy a .biz, you'll lose your investment! :D
I guess you may want to re-read my original post. ;)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.. but the restriction that you are not allowed to register a .biz JUST for the purpose of reselling it makes it less valuable for investment.

Am I missing something?? My point was that It doesn't matter if you buy a .biz name to resell or develop. It is a good investment.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

Am I missing something?? My point was that It doesn't matter if you buy a .biz name to resell or develop. It is a good investment.
But since you are NOT allowed to register a .biz JUST for reselling it, this makes it more complicated than CNO or even .info for speculators. In other words, you may need to repackage it with a developed website or something like that in order to avoid being alleged as a cybersquatter; and this adds more time and effort, a.k.a. cost to the investment.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

But since you are NOT allowed to register a .biz JUST for reselling it, this makes it more complicated than CNO or even .info for speculators. In other words, you may need to repackage it with a developed website or something like that in order to avoid being alleged as a cybersquatter; and this adds more time and effort, a.k.a. cost to the investment.

You are one sharp cookie NameSlave. I had my doubts about you, but clearly you are all over this .biz thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom