Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ORG or BIZ ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is an "apples-and-oranges" comparison... one should ask first whether the intended purpose of the site is commercial or noncommercial before inquiring on whether .biz or .org would be a better address to use.

M

mole

Originally posted by dtobias
This is an "apples-and-oranges" comparison... one should ask first whether the intended purpose of the site is commercial or noncommercial before inquiring on whether .biz or .org would be a better address to use.

I think the intended question is whether I can sell .org for more money than .biz :D

The answer is an empathic no.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't stand the mindset of people whose only idea about the purpose of domain names is to make money selling them...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't stand the mindset of people whose only idea about the purpose of domain names is to make money selling them...
Mind you that there are A LOT of such people here. Moi? I only register names that I LIKE and which I may develop in the future. Actually, this is the very reason how I come to have so many domains - to be developed later, honestly.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComCowboy
.ORG --by far.

.BIZ blows.

You make this sooo easy DCC....

.ORG is for "organizations"--NPO's etc

.biz is for "businesses" (for profits, etc)

M

mole

Originally posted by DotComCowboy
.ORG --by far.

.BIZ blows.

I like both .ORG and .BIZ for serving different purposes in my network of sites. Sorry, but the only think I can read from this is that you don't understand addressing taxonomy.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Taxonomically speaking, though, .biz is rather useless because it covers pretty much the same territory as .com.

M

mole

Taxonomically speaking, though, .biz is rather useless because it covers pretty much the same territory as .com.

That's BS, dan coming from you at that. .BIZ is more attuned to B2B and .COM is more attuned to B2C.

"I sought out a .BIZ address to not only acquire a unique name, but also to distinguish my business from all the negative associations of the dot-com world—or should I say 'dot-bomb?' .BIZ enables us to present ourselves as a B2B service that is fully focused on the success and satisfaction of our customers. Further, it enables us to widen our scope well beyond the U.K. and into many other countries. .BIZ works."

—Andrew Doe, www.wirelessworkplace.biz

http://www.neulevel.biz/bestofbiz/winner.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom