Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Orri Hatch wants to destroy computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a joke - btw, how would they find out if a computer is located in the US or in another country ?
Or would they just not care and maybe destroy computers say in Finnland although the US law doesn't apply to finnish law ?
And what about public company/college computers where just someone might download illegal stuff but the computer is owned by someone different?

Geez , the problem really is a dumbnut like Hatch might be a dumbnut but worse - someone might even buy the crap he's talking.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
The republican party is just loads of fun..arent they :D
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6241-2003Jun17.html

Yup, they are sure on a terror this month with internet gambling and now "ruining" computers of would be "perps" of illegal music downloading.

I stand by the Republican Party on all most every issue, except when it comes to the internet policy (free speech/internet gambling/taxes). This is an "experiment" that needs time to grow. There are other ways of controlling illegal downloads, it's called "changing with the times", and figuring out new ways to sell music. This industry needs to upgrade with the times. All industries have for the most part, except for the music industry. All the years of sticking it to the consumer has finally backfired. Hopefully musicians will wise up and take the route that other bands are taking by promoting themselves online. Sell directly to the consumers, and cut out these bloated corporate music companies.

MillerTyme

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wasn't Hatch born before the dawn of the Pony Express ?

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

I stand by the Republican Party on all most every issue, except when it comes to the internet policy (free speech/internet gambling/taxes). This is an "experiment" that needs time to grow. There are other ways of controlling illegal downloads, it's called "changing with the times", and figuring out new ways to sell music. This industry needs to upgrade with the times. All industries have for the most part, except for the music industry. All the years of sticking it to the consumer has finally backfired. Hopefully musicians will wise up and take the route that other bands are taking by promoting themselves online. Sell directly to the consumers, and cut out these bloated corporate music companies.

Those are the same issues that I disagree with the party on as well. Gambling is the biggest disagreement that I have with them.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Republican party is a perfect example of hypocracy. They preach government non-interference in the lives of Americans, but when it comes to personal liberties, they have no problem running roughshod over us with their morality police.

Only when they realize they can't have it both ways will they earn the respect of the majority in this country.

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol. Oh my god. That is so stupid. It wont happen though, ever, thankfully.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice to somebody bit on this :)

But......

I fail to see what is stupid about that. Please, tell me how it is factually inaccurate?

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow
Nice to somebody bit on this :)

But......

I fail to see what is stupid about that. Please, tell me how it is factually inaccurate?

What is stupid about allowing a company to attack you or your property without a trial of your peers or at least a judge deciding you actually did anything wrong?

Why even have a government or police or laws if you are going to take this approach?

Notice they don't propose giving individual people such rights. Just giant companies who have a lot of money to donate to politicians.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry, I think we mixed up topics here. My fault :)

For the record, I am 100% against this stupid idea. It certainly won't solve the problem - it will probably just create a new industry of ways to get around the gov't authorized hacking.

Orrin Hatch would be much better serving his constituents by working on ways to shut down spammers. They target millions of innocent victims. But then I guess the citizen lobbying groups don't have quite the power that the recording industry's lobbying groups have.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea since he can't pay for the script he uses on his own site

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow
The Republican party is a perfect example of hypocracy. They preach government non-interference in the lives of Americans, but when it comes to personal liberties, they have no problem running roughshod over us with their morality police.

Only when they realize they can't have it both ways will they earn the respect of the majority in this country.

I think this is an absurd statement.

There are many different factions of the republican party just as there are with the democrats.

The republican party is composed of several different ideologies that are constantly competing for power:

fatcats
libertarians
neocons
religious right
moderates
populists
isolationists

etc.

Orrin Hatch and the theocons are not representative of the mainstream republican party. The theocons are slowly dying out,
but are strong in the south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators