Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Overture's tool 100% dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOMEY1234

CEO - iMonetize.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Y, the update happened and everybody tried to scrape it.. It should get better with time...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Threads merged: we don't need 2 separate discussions on the same topic in the same lounge.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's working for me now..
I don't know about anyone else.

Kyric

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its funny how we're all so obsessed with "Overture Inventory" ie a miniscule, some would say irrelevant part of what Overture actually do. The fact is that its just an incredible tool when it comes to domains and SEO. Life without that tool, for a domainer is like well domains may just aswell not exist.

yonimlm

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kyric said:
Its funny how we're all so obsessed with "Overture Inventory" ie a miniscule, some would say irrelevant part of what Overture actually do. The fact is that its just an incredible tool when it comes to domains and SEO. Life without that tool, for a domainer is like well domains may just aswell not exist.

I agree... Like many domainers here, I buy mostly mispells and using the overture tool I could predict daily traffic of within 100 +- daily visitors (speaking of domains with 1000s of visitors)... and this is necessary in buying domains from non-domainer people who don't know the amount of visitors and such that the domain gets.

Either way, this tool is VERY important in my section of the domain-biz...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kyric said:
Its funny how we're all so obsessed with "Overture Inventory" ...
That's because many professional domain speculators with huge portfolios are relying on such tools to filter and automate their daily routines. Yun Ye, for instance, must have stopped looking at the names themselves but the numbers, and only the numbers.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if it would be possible to archive the overture results? I'd be willing to pay someone if it could be done but my guess is that you would have to perform a search for atleast every search term you'd want to archive.

Chaiki

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Overture's tool has built many a great domain business .. don't beleive any third party misinformation or BS. The tool is a roadmap, a guidepost and a sextant.

But now everyone has bandwagonned on. Also, Overture reads these forums now that Marchex has bought Ultsearch so they are learning and more aggresively limiting the free information they don't quite know how to regulate.

The bulk harvesting free lunch is over.. time to get creative and look outside of the tool. The information contained in the search term suggestion tool is directly correlatable to search queries logged in 'any' search box on any site on the net.. (albeit in a smaller volume). Look to your own search results for a sampling of the overture results or license those search queries from a third party search aggregator/domain player.

scottatmu

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm going crazy, or maybe this has already been stated, but I can still access the Overture tool. Is it that they are going to stop updating it or ...?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it was bound to happened.. the new year, brings changes... btw, i have also noticed alexa.com to be acting up as well, i've queried maybe 5 domains the other day one after another and they supposably banned me... also noticed their web site to time out more often lately.. they must be upto something as well.... darn it :emba:

Chaiki

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is still active but they have new restrictions against automation. More strictly enforced.

Jarmusch

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's active but it's slow as a three-legged dog with a slight limp.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameYourself said:
Anyone know if it would be possible to archive the overture results? I'd be willing to pay someone if it could be done but my guess is that you would have to perform a search for atleast every search term you'd want to archive.

Guess what?

Companies and individuals have already abused this tool and collected massive databases of every single domain name with the overture score. And furthermore they can use this to their own advantage while we cannot even check a single term without the website going down.

Anyone else been getting all those recent generic emails directed at your overture domains with even a few type-ins looking for deals? Well these are your culprits. Don't expect to find an overture database cheap if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom