Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Ovt w/ Ext value but no traffic on the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdog1183

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope this is not a silly question but I have been seeing this more often:

How would it be possible to have a domain that has a value on overture w/extension yet the site doesnt get that kind of traffic? ex: Ovt w/ ext of 40. But the site gets no hits. How is this possible? Thanks in advance.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I rarely am interested in OV with ext names anymore. Don't even look at those threads now.

A few yrs ago it was a reliable indicator of traffic but these days it seems the average OV name gets traffic far under what you would expect based on the old anticipated ratios used.

IMO this is not due to fraud nearly as much as the fact it's so widely known now that lots of domainers are using the Keyword Suggestion Tool before names expire. That greatly inflates the stats far beyond the normal OV numbers. Once the name is grabbed you will find the OV number goes away because domainers are no longer testing it.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really? That is a lot better than what many others experience. What is your secret to getting such good ones?

buying from drops and if a deal is too good to be true than it probably is ;) I also buy domains that have healthy mix between OVT with and without and avoid at all costs domains w/link-backs as those die very very quick..

Jdog1183

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah, ok. Thnx. Thats exactly what I was expecting to hear. Just wasnt sure how the numbers were being inflated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom