Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

oxide.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohno

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll take a T-Shirt with Oxide.com :D
I'm looking forward to see the future site :)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mohno
I'll take a T-Shirt with Oxide.com :D
I'm looking forward to see the future site :)

I would also take an T-shirt, or pencil with the logo oxide.com! As long it`s FREE!

M

mole

When I was in school, my teacher taught me that Oxide was some kind of corosion that happens when elements get exposed to atmospheric oxygen.

:confused:

mohno

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I was in school, my teacher ... didn't teach me what was "yahoo" ;)

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Elequa, while you work to give new meaning to the word oxide, as part of your branding why don’t you give a bit of a shakeup to the appearance of the word itself?

One neat visual aspect of the caps word oxide is that when you stand it up (by rotating the graphic 90 degrees clockwise), all the letters from O at the top to E at the bottom become a strong symmetrical shape (it actually looks better with the lower-case i, as you have it).

In some way the resulting graphic takes on the appearance of a human icon, and by standing it up, coincidentally matches the ‘live life’ theme.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by elequa
www.oxide.com has been redesigned any opinions?

I like the new design, but not the concept. My opinion on this concept is that it's shelf life will be less than 1 year. If you are planning to "Brand" Oxideâ„¢ into a search page, it may be hard to "upgrade" to something more intuitive in time when the tide changes.

Don't get me wrong, I think these types of sites do make money, but they tend to have a short "life-span". As we know from the dot com bust some business principles are still golden. That is one should still think of a "web site" as something you plan to sell down the road at a much higher price. What happens is that we are building sites just to "maintain". I would say GregR definitely increased his value by making DNF more than a Forum.

My suggestions, if I may, since you inquired would be to not worry so much what Oxide looks like, but rather what it does.

The first thing to ask yourself is why I would want to make Oxide my "homepage". If you can't come up with (3) good reasons it's time to rethink your strategy. There is nothing wrong with the "Search" business as I said, but clearly the model will be outdated in short order (less than a year I predict). So, my suggestion would be to look at searching the internet in a different way.

Searching the internet WILL become more tailored to the person and not the masses. The overall experience right now is to go out and find information. In time, the info will find you. Why should I not be able to go to Oxide, and find only information I care about?? You'd be surprised at the amount of purchases through your site would occur.

So how would you allow your site to "morph" itself to each individual customer?? Companies have created "cookies", "toolbars", prizes for information about yourself", etc to solve this riddle with varying degrees of success. Yet they have still not solved the puzzle! To me this is the "holy grail"---"Fluid Information" (izopod, 1995)

elequa

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you izopod .... but my biz model is different than any conventional biz plan. :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Site looks :cool: , and I'd love a free t-shirt ... if that's what I'm reading. I couldn't find the (free) e-mail service, but that may just be me.
Good Luck with your site(s), great domains! :)
Take care for now.
:cool:

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CoolHost, I think you've just won the prize for the highest concentration of smilies per square inch in a DNF post, LOL.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with you izopod .... but my biz model is different than any conventional biz plan. :)

Best wishes!

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

To me this is the "holy grail"---"Fluid Information" (izopod, 1995)

Just one more thing about this "holy grail". Get ready for some cool technology to spur the tech industry. I predict this "technology" will make the internet seem like the "Dewey-Decimal" system was to early librarians.

izopodian philosophy: Static web sites are good for looking at; "fluid" sites are great for interacting with.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Liquid TV :)

I'll be damned, you own it. If you need a consultant you know where to find me :D

"liquid" or "fluid" concepts will become very addictive. A part of our human nature is to try an "change" or in some way "alter" our environment. This is a concept some are just now realizing as it relates to the internet. If you hit this "button" with people just right you can turn any venture into a multi-million dollar business.

izopodian philosophy: There is a reason people like to throw rocks in water. Not only is it relaxing, but it's fun to be able to make the water "splash"

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its a cool name elequa

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom