Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Paid for domains - Company never registered them - What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Here is what happened.

A friend of mine registered 10 domain names with a company and paid them $45/domain for 3 years so total he paid $450.00 for 10 domains for 3 years registration. A month or so later I was ready to develop a website for him and suddenly noticed that the domains were not registered. Only two domains were registered by some guy who is now selling them. All the other domains have not been registered at all. We contacted the company and they say that they had problems with theier servers and this and that. They charged his credit card $450.00 but did not register a single domain. Now they have registered all the domains except those two. The owner is now trying to get those names but the seller is selling each domain for $750.00 and the owner is not willing to pay that. One of those domains is very important as it is the company name. Any idea what can be done in this situation? Any legal way to make the domain registration company owner pay for the domain price from that seller?

Note: The domain registration company is a enom reseller not accredited by ICANN. Thanks

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am sure the registrar will hide behind it's terms of service which probably limit it's liability to the registration fee. It would be an uphill legal battle and surely more expensive than forking over the $750 to the speculator.

If they didn't show how desperate they were on the first contact with the new owner, maybe they can negotiate it down a bit?

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the name is crucial, negotiate and pay the price less than a disupute filing fee. Alternately, file a dispute if it is a registered company or trademark name. Maybe sue the registrar for negligence if receipts can be proven of the actual names originally registered.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMOVHO, all you can do is demand a refund for these two domains (x3 years) , ie $45x2=$90 and put it toward the bid to the (one) so important domain the speculator owns.

Unless you own a Trademanrk, the speculator is innocent.

Just my own very humble opinion....

Oh, by the way, never do business with the absentee reseller again!!

Choose a reseller from this forum. Some of us are here and ready to serve with any reasonable request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom