Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Pakistan has no Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what happened to the days before the internet?

The world would be fine. People will still live. Companies will still continue to make money.

I don't agree. The internet has changed every aspect of doing business. It would take a very long time to readapt.

i m gr8

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I live in Pakistan , The internet is currently running on backup satellite connection as the deep sea cable still has not been fixed . The ship which is supposed to fix it has reached it but due to bad weather its taking more time.

Pakistan has currently only two sources for internet , one is the deep sea cable and one is satellite backup. Yesterday on one of the major news channel of Pakistan they were telling that Pakistan requirement is 700 MB/sec but the satellite is currently only providing 136 MB/sec so because of this everything is lagging and call centers have faced big loss because of this , they had to send many employees home , some permanently and some temporarily because they lost their contract with the companies for which they were providing support.

Pakistan had signed a contract last year with approximately 12 other countries to lay another deep sea cable which should be ready by end of this year , and Pakistan is also planning to have a connection with India . Once both of this are done hopefully future problem like this wont happen in Pakistan.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i m gr8 said:
I live in Pakistan , The internet is currently running on backup satellite connection as the deep sea cable still has not been fixed . The ship which is supposed to fix it has reached it but due to bad weather its taking more time.

Pakistan has currently only two sources for internet , one is the deep sea cable and one is satellite backup.

which is what I said earlier on this thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom