Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

parked and stumble :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If somebody had a furniture story on a domain and it had posts on craigslist and then they parked it and he got hits from craigslist, that's still fine because it's part of the expired/previous traffic concept. This person you referenced bought domains, parked them, tried arbritrage it didn't work for him, then decided to spam craigs list for free. Posting 50 different messages about furniture on a city level per day for 5 days before we caught him is against the rules.

If you are on 10 boards making 100 posts a day, that's perfect fine. I don't have a problem with that because the traffic should be destibuted across different locations. I do have a problem if you are getting a large number of hits/clicks from behind password protected sites, which is against our TOS. In some cases I can block all hits from certain referrers if needed, which we have only done once and it was on request of a customer.

The bottom line is, you do as you please.

We do as we please, but we expect our customers to respect our policees. If somebody creates and account today, goes to their domains and clicks out 5-6 times, I won't terminate them, but I will tell them hey you can't do that. If Mother's day is around the corner and you need to buy some flowers for your mom and you go to one of your domains and search for mothers day flowers I'm not going to say you should be terminated. I leave that for the other companies to do that. We have very strict rules, we believe everybody is trying to be good, sometimes people aren't.

We want to set fair rules because our traffic is making you money first and then us. We will reverse the pie, rest assured.
Until you can get Yahoo/Google/MSN to start writing contracts to smaller domain portfolio owners, it will be hard to get out of the current model we have today. If you think you can change this, I wish you luck.

Donny

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The difference is, "spamming" Craigslist is one thing - e.g. if he made hundreds of posts daily as you said - and actually making posts at Craigslist e.g. one per city is another. So the question is, where do you draw the line?

If I were active in 10 forums making 100 posts a day and traffic was generated by my sig text or sig image, why would I be penalized just because you didn't like the idea that people actually clicked on my sig?

The bottom line is, you do as you please. We want to set fair rules because our traffic is making you money first and then us. We will reverse the pie, rest assured.

It is a very big pie.....

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny I remember in another thread you said it was ok to link to a parked domain just so long as it was related. Like a black jack blog having a link to a parked blackjack site

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom