Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Parked offer form being abused by SEO spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bottom feeding SEO spammers hitting domains at parked with lame snake oil proposals. Gonna start posting their email contacts here. Would be nice if we could filter out spammers from within our accounts by creating email block lists.

[email protected]
[email protected]

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you are talking about but are you referring toi spams being sent via the parked.com contact us link? I have recently started to get some but not that many to make it a worry at this time. Hopefully those spammers do not have an automated process.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pretty clear what I am talking about :) ...I'm getting them every day now.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed them starting the other day. I received two.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received 4 spam mails yesterday.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
post their email addresses guys, we'll see if they are the same co's.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I deleted many also but I'm going to post any new ones that come in...

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A Make Offer inquiry about the domaihttp://downloadpod.com/n (XXXXXX.com) has been submitted. The provided contact information is listed below:

Name: Josh Myles
Email: [email protected]
Comment: Dear Website Owner,

Our company is on the first page when you search on Google for our primary search term "SEO Company." We would like to do the same for your web site so you can come up for your main keywords as well? All of our processes use the most ethical "white hat" Search Engine Optimization techniques that will not get your website banned or penalized.

Please reply and I would be happy to send you a proposal.
Offer: 10

Inquirer's IP: 122.163.131.201
Inquirer's User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080219 Firefox/2.0.0.12 Navigator/9.0.0.6

You may contact the individual using the provided information, however you are under no obligation to respond to this request.

Legal Disclaimer: This request does not constitute an offer to buy this domain. Any possible transaction resulting from this request is between the individual requesting the information and the owner of this domain.

- - - - - - -

I'd just delete it. My domains get some lovin' from spammers if not at the forums. So be it.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Posting email addresses really won't help, because I would bet money that they are all either hotmail, yahoo, or gmail.

I looked at some of the emails that some of you received and they al seemed to be legit people, nobody who had gotten through our captcha code. They really look like they were done by hand. But we do have a new captcha system that we can implement next week if that would help?

Donny

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
new captcha system
Imho best "captcha" is "answer a question". Not only it filters out non-humans, it also filters out morons who are unable to answer a simple question.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We already have a new captcha style system we have been testing that currently guarantees to filter out bots. Let me continue to look at the emails that are coming in and see if it will help or not.

Donny

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In order to inquire, a fairly short registration form would do. Someone who is interested in a name will take the effort to fill it. Moreover a spammer won't be able to register with the same email twice. They'd get tired real quick.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In order to inquire, a fairly short registration form would do. Someone who is interested in a name will take the effort to fill it. Moreover a spammer won't be able to register with the same email twice. They'd get tired real quick.

A better captcha would work for most of it I think. I would rather not put too many roadblocks up against legitimate but lazy potential buyers.

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A better captcha would work for most of it I think. I would rather not put too many roadblocks up against legitimate but lazy potential buyers.

Yup, True.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I don't use Parked's form; I point the "make an offer" link to my own page & form. I use a captcha that asks for a simple math function to be completed, e.g. 3 + 9 = ? and regardless, I got the same "white hat SEO" email above. They actually take the effort to go through each contact form.

Happy new year, by the way :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After some investigtions, there have only been about 50 spam(s) that I have seen in the past 2 weeks. All of them seem to be from the same group as mentioned above. They are being done by hand so any type of captcha wouldn't help. A registration system is not something that I really want to do as it's a pain in the *** for all involved.

I'll have to think about this one.

Donny

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Imho best "captcha" is "answer a question". Not only it filters out non-humans, it also filters out morons who are unable to answer a simple question.

Best I have seen, besides answering a question, is a random image/letter combination that is animated and moves around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom