Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Parked offer form being abused by SEO spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A Make Offer inquiry about the domaihttp://downloadpod.com/n (XXXXXX.com) has been submitted. The provided contact information is listed below:

Name: Josh Myles
Email: [email protected]
Comment: Dear Website Owner,

Our company is on the first page when you search on Google for our primary search term "SEO Company." We would like to do the same for your web site so you can come up for your main keywords as well? All of our processes use the most ethical "white hat" Search Engine Optimization techniques that will not get your website banned or penalized.

Please reply and I would be happy to send you a proposal.
Offer: 10

Inquirer's IP: 122.163.131.201
Inquirer's User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080219 Firefox/2.0.0.12 Navigator/9.0.0.6

You may contact the individual using the provided information, however you are under no obligation to respond to this request.

Legal Disclaimer: This request does not constitute an offer to buy this domain. Any possible transaction resulting from this request is between the individual requesting the information and the owner of this domain.

- - - - - - -

I'd just delete it. My domains get some lovin' from spammers if not at the forums. So be it.

I got one for the same supposed person overnight. But a completely different IP: 75.125.48.85

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Name: Neal Stone
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1-877-866-66
Comment: Dear Website Owner, Our company is on the first page when you search on Google for our primary search term "SEO Company." .............................

Wow, they're getting worse. got about 10 or so the last 2 days

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he just likes you. :)

I'll see what I can do.

Donny

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's kind of interesting, I think our spammer actually reads this forum.

Donny

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's kind of interesting, I think our spammer actually reads this forum.

Donny

I suspect you're right. They see the names we are selling, then do a bulk check to see what other names we own, then methodically spam each name.

Kind of pointless though. If we didn't respond to the first 10 spams, chances are we won't respond to the next 50.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Contact Us form spams I am getting are ongoing with several arriving most days if not daily. It started within the past few weeks,

I suspect someone has writen a script which extracts the contact us email address and sends automated spams but kind of amazing how the captcha code is being bypassed. Could be some kind of security weakness in the parked system which allows the image to be bypassed? Parked.com needs to do something about it. This is not happening with other parking firms I deal with and never occurred with parked.com until recently.

P.S. The reason I believe it may be automated is that it simply would not pay a spammer to go thru the time and hassle in filling out the form and entering his spam and typing in the tricky captcha code. Far too labor intense when you consider a spammer is lucky to get 1/10 of 1% response rate from what I understand. He must do all that work 1,000 times to possibly get one reply and even that one reply may not order anything. I understand spamming only pays if automated and done in bulk.

Last edited:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Without giving too much information away, when people on here say they are getting 10 or 20 a day, combined across all accounts we are getting no more than 35 from these clowns in one day. That's besides the point because as of right now, the current SEO clowns should be taken care of fo now.

Donny

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Without giving too much information away, when people on here say they are getting 10 or 20 a day, combined across all accounts we are getting no more than 35 from these clowns in one day. That's besides the point because as of right now, the current SEO clowns should be taken care of fo now.

Donny

Yup, nothing last night.

Cheers!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Without giving too much information away, when people on here say they are getting 10 or 20 a day, combined across all accounts we are getting no more than 35 from these clowns in one day. That's besides the point because as of right now, the current SEO clowns should be taken care of fo now. Donny

Not sure what that means Donny :?:

I don't recall getting more than 2 or 3 in a day.

What is a SEO clown?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader - What I meant is that if we saw that the person had sent 30 spams in one day, people in this thread said they had received 25 - 30 spams from the same person. So to us it seemed like the spammer was somebody who was reading this thread itself. The "spams" were always about how this company could improve your SEO.

Donny

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree with Donny.
We need to understand scammers, spammers....they all read this forum.
Be careful guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom