Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Parked stats - Content of "Searches"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In reviewing my stats, I see what appears to be the understanding that half my visitors actually did a Search of some sort at my Parked page.

I'm guessing what would be EXTREMELY useful would be the content of what was typed in the Search box. From there, we should be able to properly keyword for maximum targeting.

How can we go about getting a daily list of the Search request words for each domain? Is it even possible? I would love to know what my visitors are expecting to find when looking at my pages.

Domain Days 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In reviewing my stats, I see what appears to be the understanding that half my visitors actually did a Search of some sort at my Parked page.

I'm guessing what would be EXTREMELY useful would be the content of what was typed in the Search box. From there, we should be able to properly keyword for maximum targeting.

How can we go about getting a daily list of the Search request words for each domain? Is it even possible? I would love to know what my visitors are expecting to find when looking at my pages.

ditto regarding the search box which is already on the page (not how they found the page from the SE, which is a different issue).

It would be really valuable if the top 2 or 3 search terms are automatically included in each domains stats.

Usually I know but with a couple good traffic names and low CTR's it's driving me nuts trying to figure out what they want to see on the parked page.

Last edited:

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's one thing that DS does better (tracking search keywords) than parked. The other thing would be the ability to add more than one keyword when forcing keywords. I like parked, would just be sweet to see them totally blow DS out of the water by adding these.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get it Trader, I'm just suggesting that a DS style of breakdown by keyword with ability to look at it up to a year in %'s.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader - I have a few DS accounts, and I have no idea what you are talking about. :) Can you send me a screen shot to me either via PM or email?

Now Searches is not only people who type in the box, but also people who click on one of the links on the landing page or one of the related searches on the results page. So it's a combination of all 3.

The traffic analysis does show you this information on a domain level, but only when a click out to the advertiser happens.

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader - I have a few DS accounts, and I have no idea what you are talking about. :) Can you send me a screen shot to me either via PM or email? Donny

Hi Donny, it should be clear what the aubject is about :) Are you able to provide us with the searches (top 2 or 3 would be good) being performed by visitors who have already arrived at the page so we can see what kind of things they are subsequently searching for (when they use the search box on the parked page) to help us with keyword targeting, especially helpful if that is not already known?

P.S. Regarding DomainSponsor, you have me mixed up with Poker. I never referenced DS.

Last edited:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader - Sorry that was Poker. :)

Today I can not easily provide you with the search box keywords that are being performed on a page. That should be available when the new version of the traffic analysis is available.

Donny

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When can we change advertiser link colors and sizes..this would be extremely useful esp. for one click landers. Also, the mythical "pick our own keywords" on the parking page would just simply be amazing.....instead of just removing the ones we don't want we could actually add keywords or groups...I would expect rev to go way up

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's one thing that DS does better (tracking search keywords) than parked. The other thing would be the ability to add more than one keyword when forcing keywords. I like parked, would just be sweet to see them totally blow DS out of the water by adding these.

I agree. Parked is by far my favorite parking company, but it would be better to force select keywords, as opposed to only being able to select one.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah but in that case they would put ALL the other parking companies out of business! lol

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few DS accounts, and I have no idea what you are talking about. :)

For any domain at DS:

View Domain Report Details -> Keywords
Then can look at Top 50 Keywords and % Searches and % Clicks
for yesterday as well as this/last: week, month or year.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
imagine if you could see every IP address and exactly what each visitor did search/click wise on each domain..now that would be interesting

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah but in that case they would put ALL the other parking companies out of business! lol

Or make them step up their game...that's what we want all of them to do.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Focus - The problem with giving people full access to add their own keywords would definitely increase revenue, but would also cause a lot of problems as well. So could I publically announce anybody who puts "mesothelioma" on their non-mesothelioma domain would be immediately terminated. Or would I just have to give everybody the benefit of the doubt that a misspelling of google maps really does mean "car insurance". At the same time I don't want to create a system that says Focus can change the keywords to anything he wants, Acroplex can only change the categories and Poker can only change the primary keyword. I don't think that's fair to anybody. So we are trying to come up with a solution that would hopefully work for everybody. I was just talking with a few of our developers about it this morning. So if we can get it to work correctly, I think it would satisfy us, our providers, the advertisers, and our customers.

Poker - Thanks for that, I guess it's so buried down there I never saw it. I'll have to see how we can do that.

If anybody saw every ip and every search term, your head would explode. It's in most cases the biggest pile of mess you have ever seen. But let me see, I might be able to do something interesting. It's really about the volume of the data more than anything.

Donny

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Focus can change the keywords to anything he wants

:eek:k:

Sounds good Donny! You rock brother! hehehe

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If anybody saw every ip and every search term, your head would explode. It's in most cases the biggest pile of mess you have ever seen. But let me see, I might be able to do something interesting. It's really about the volume of the data more than anything. Donny

Agree. That is why it would be so good if we could just see what they are searching for (maybe 2 or 3 search terms) when and if they use the search box on the page done *after* they are already on the page (*not referring to how they found the site which can be a mess of data and not as valuable).

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Poker - Thanks for that, I guess it's so buried down there I never saw it. I'll have to see how we can do that.

It's a great feature Donny and has helped me to increase click thru rates and rev.

If anybody saw every ip and every search term, your head would explode. It's in most cases the biggest pile of mess you have ever seen. But let me see, I might be able to do something interesting. It's really about the volume of the data more than anything.

I don't know how DS does it but if Parked could do anything for search terms and click %'s (like what you just viewed at DS) it would help us to optimize keywords and increase rev....even if we were only allowed to manually use one keyword/phrase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom