Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Paypal Chargeback

Status
Not open for further replies.

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
puravida said:
I would bet you $$ that they pull it out of your account without notification. And, if you have insufficient funds, you'll get an overdraft charge and paypal won't care one bit.

yes... many stories of just this being done

puravida said:
The whole auto-draft thing has gotten way out of hand. If it were me (not legal advice), I would put fake banking/cc info on the account to buy some time. I will probably get flamed for saying that, but I don't care.

hasn't it though, one of the reasons my paypal account remains 'unverified', and the basis of the nigeria scams. I have even had banks swear they will not allow edrafts, and I try one myself and it goes right through.

I've been so screwed over by all these monopolistic, unfair business practices; that I've begun to fight fire-with-fire. And, I am winning. They don't get their money, so they begin the line of communication; I play hardball, and eventually we settle.

Remember, not legal advice, but it's works for me. ;)

-Wesley

another thing to remember is most that ask for an ssn have no need for it, do not give it out, unless you are sure they need it. They do not need it till after they owe you at least $600.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it was a website, not a forum...

I am going to look through Paypal's user agreement for something about this type of situation. If he wins the dispute, when he sends the domain back I will tell Paypal that he has not sent the site back and that should allow me to get the funds back.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been pretty risky at doing transactions through paypal at up to $8000 at a time :)

That is before I had a dispute.

I think they have given my money back after a chargeback, however they did not intend to refund my money on a deal.

(Not the $8000 one) :) However it was a four figure amount..

The best way is a wire transfer.

Even escrow has it's quirks believe it or not.

- Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom