Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

PayPal Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently joined paypal. I confirmed my account by inserting the member number from my creditcard transaction ($1.95). I am a little confused about receiving payments. Here is something from their help section:

---------------
If you don't have a bank account, you will need to manually accept each payment you receive, since the only method you have to withdraw those funds is to send a PayPal balance payment. You can request that someone send you money by going to the Request Money tab and filling out the form.
---------------

Now, I didn't give them my bank information, so does this mean the only way to receive payment is for me to REQUEST payment?. Can people send payment without having me to request it?.

RMF

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You would do a 'Request For Payment' after you have rec'd funds/payment from someone, into your paypal acct. This would most likely come by check to your mailing address you provided.

However, you can leave the funds in your paypal acct. and use your funds to 'buy goods' or services online.. it can be directly debited from your PayPal acct. balance.

Hope that answered your question. GoodLuck.

K

kingdon

What ever e-mail address you registered with at PayPal, that is the address you can access payments with. You can tell the person you want a payment from to use your e-mail address. Send me your e-mail address and I will send you 2 cents to show you. Or youcan send me 2 cents and I will cancel it when it arrives, just to give you an idea.

Don
[email protected]

E

eds

Someone giving away money here, KingDon? Is there anyway that you can send me two cents about 50 million times... I promise I'll give it all back. LOL

TheTron

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That wording is somewhat confusing. Having used paypal for quite a while now I belive you can accept payment from people without requesting it, i think what they mean by manually accept each payment, is when someone sends you a payment you have to log onto your account and click accept each time. That is just my take, i have always had mine linked to my bank account so im not positive on that.

Originally posted by RMF

---------------
If you don't have a bank account, you will need to manually accept each payment you receive, since the only method you have to withdraw those funds is to send a PayPal balance payment. You can request that someone send you money by going to the Request Money tab and filling out the form.
---------------

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually he was kind enough to send me 50cents. ..im rich now!..oh wait, paypal took more than half of that, so paypal is the one thats rich! :D

---
edit:

btw, thought I should let you know that TheTron is correct. Without including a bank account, I would have to manually accept payments(which isn't that bad). Plus, I don't think I can withdraw money, only I can spend money. Which is ok. Now that I know my paypal is working, I can go ahead with more stuff.
-----

RMF

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a PayPal Debit MasterCard, works just like a bank card.

Mike

K

kingdon

I have the PayPal Debit account, and they give me 1.5% cash back on each purchase. Pretty good at the end of the month. But you have to keep cash in there. But I think it's worth it to see my business purchases in real time. Helps to police the venders when they pad their bill, don't have to wait a month to hash things out. Any way they're a great place to "start" accepting credit card payments over the internet.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom