Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

PayPal website down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not only is it down, but I've had 3 buyers email me in the last 24 hours saying they had paid for an item when I have not recieved a PayPal Payment Notification.

In each case I checked my PayPal account to find that they had indeed paid me, but PayPal hadn't sent me the notification. And yet other customer's PayPal Payment Notification where coming through, so it was just the ocassional one that went missing!

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
According to the news story NameSlave posted..
the "software" changes Paypal made were on Friday..
and
"note" that this was a banking holiday weekend.
* Columbus Day observed yesterday
* banks were closed.

With Paypal being integrated with the monetary end of all matters..
and the banks closed yesterday,
hopefully the problem will be resolved today..
I need to access my acct. as well..

thekingz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes sounds like they having some real problems they should of just keeped the theme the way it was instead of losing money and stuff!

personally i not think that the theme is such a big deal so it not worth trying to change it and risk lossing people money and there own!

I hope this problme ends with a happy ending :undecided

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr.Domains said:
In each case I checked my PayPal account to find that they had indeed paid me, but PayPal hadn't sent me the notification.
At least you are getting your payment, THAT is good. ;)

buymydomainnames

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
when you all going to learn PAYPAL is crapola its went to he double toothpicks since ebay bought them, if you even own a adult domain and sell it or buy one vai paypal they will fine you 500 bucks and lock up your account period and if you get whats in it your lucky, sign up for epassporte they will take a paypal debit card as a credit card and you can load funds right to them.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
skylight said:
i guess they must have loses alot of money too... imagine the amount of fees that they could earn for these few days...

Well, let's see... $4.4 billion over 3 months comes to $1.46 billion per month average, with let's say 1.5% fee comes to about $21.9 million in fees per month. Divided by 30 days, that comes to about $730,000 per day.

Not too bad, and painful to lose if that is the case.

I can't even get in to Paypal.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Site Update 10/12/04

PayPal has been experiencing technical problems which have caused intermittent availability for members attempting to use the site. PayPal and eBay teams are working at full force to fix the underlying issues and improve site access. We sincerely apologize for the situation and appreciate your patience. For more details, please visit:

http://www2.ebay.com /aw/announce.shtml

Source: https://www.paypal.com/
By the way, I guess I'm among the lucky minority: I can log in, just *a bit* slower than usual.

stoned

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its Up! Back To Selling!

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
paypal is the pool equivalent in money transfers.

They s*ck.
They are arrogant
They are georacists.
They dont protect their customers
yet, they will go out of their way to scre* you for no apparent reason.
and the list goes on.........

Now, back to the thread.
I could not log in until just 1 hout ago...
there are alternatives, and people, we gotta start using them.
Don't use it than. Paypal really is the best mainstream online payment provider.

Harmonia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure every website do have problems at times. Even we humans fall sick at times right? Why ain't people complaining about that then? If you had bad experience with the service, then don't use it at all. Stop contradicting yourself by saying how bad it is, yet on the other hand you are still using it. It (Paypal) is a fast and convenient way of paying and receiving money. Of course, problems may arise, but which payment company don't have that? Compared to services like stormpay, western union etc...Paypal charges are cheaper and less time consuming. One bad point I dislike about paypal is that when you have a business account, no matter if you're receiving balance payment or cc payment, they still charge you fees. Other than that, I personally recommend paypal as the best online payment method. And good thing it is up and working now. :)

*Sorry for this long msg, just annoyed at how people reacted over such a small matter.*

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
Don't use it than. Paypal really is the best mainstream online payment provider.

When I can, I dont use them.
And no, I disagree about them being the best. They are the most popular, but not necessarily the best.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I cant even log on now...

thekingz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i can login and everything they look up to me!

seeker said:
When I can, I dont use them.
And no, I disagree about them being the best. They are the most popular, but not necessarily the best.

yes they are the best being most popular is what makes them the best, as then more people can accpet them and all my domain places and forums and everything seem to accpet them so yes for a payment system being more popular is being the best of them all.

if you had a Credit card the never charged you over dues fees and waz perfect in everyway IT wouldn't mean anything IF no place accpet them LOL :eek:k:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom