Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Pendingrenewaldeletion.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

anton#1

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
netsol changes whois info for expired domains

Domain Name: GOGREENAPPLE.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Pending Renewal or Deletion [email protected]
P.O. Box 430
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
US
570-708-8786
NS1.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM 216.168.225.129
NS2.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM 216.168.225.130

They put their own parking page up also. I have to say: they keep suprising me with their tricks. It never ends. They must have hired a team who are constantly thinking of new tricks.

hifi

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is old news. They've been doing this since 2 weeks ago.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yep, Partnered with snapnames and auctioning them off after a 36 day hold period. We've already added a new database to show stats, but don't know how long they will be allowed to do it.

anton#1

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have a link on this?

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was watching a domain that was ON-HOLD, and it had the same whois info. I just got an email now saying I got the name through snapnames/network solutions. The domain was not supposed to come available yet. It was only on hold!.

Edit: I just noticed the creation date is "26-Aug-2003". Very weird!.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many of their domains may be on hold, and may have already passed the 36 day period, so they send them straight to auction or if only one backorder, it is awarded to the only bidder immediately. I've recieved 6 so far like this.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its just strange. There wasn't enough time to go through the normal drop process for this domain. The domain wasn't expected to drop according to pool. I got my change notification last week from snapnames that said it went on-hold.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It all has to do with the new netsol/snapnames partnership, and the "on 36th day auction".

Taken from netsol website
"Find a domain name that you really want. View .COM and .NET domain name registrations that have expired and are pending renewal or deletion using our alphabetical directory or keyword search. Place a backorder through our partner, SnapNames, for any domain name you want to try to register - there are no upfront fees. You pay only the SnapNames minimum bid price if the domain name is not renewed by the current registrant during any applicable grace period and your backorder is the only one submitted for the domain. If more than one person places a backorder for a name, you will be automatically entered into a simple auction where you can set the maximum price you want to pay. "

from snapnames
"if a domain name at Network Solutions expires and is not renewed, the domain will immediately be awarded to the holder of a SnapBack subscription on that name. If there is more than one SnapBack subscription on a particular name, the name will become the object of a short auction among the interested parties, andwill be eventually awarded to the auction winner."

Dropwatch.com offers stats on all domains that are currently in the pendingrenewaldelete database.

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure this one out.

I have some names ordered through snapnames that appeared on the NetSol list but no auction has taken place yet and I have not been awarded the domain. Two names still appears as PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM, two others have the old nameservers listed but are well beyond the expiration date.

Also, is the "Updated Date" now meaningless with these paticular NetSol names?

Domainut said:
It all has to do with the new netsol/snapnames partnership, and the "on 36th day auction".

Taken from netsol website
"Find a domain name that you really want. View .COM and .NET domain name registrations that have expired and are pending renewal or deletion using our alphabetical directory or keyword search. Place a backorder through our partner, SnapNames, for any domain name you want to try to register - there are no upfront fees. You pay only the SnapNames minimum bid price if the domain name is not renewed by the current registrant during any applicable grace period and your backorder is the only one submitted for the domain. If more than one person places a backorder for a name, you will be automatically entered into a simple auction where you can set the maximum price you want to pay. "

from snapnames
"if a domain name at Network Solutions expires and is not renewed, the domain will immediately be awarded to the holder of a SnapBack subscription on that name. If there is more than one SnapBack subscription on a particular name, the name will become the object of a short auction among the interested parties, andwill be eventually awarded to the auction winner."

Dropwatch.com offers stats on all domains that are currently in the pendingrenewaldelete database.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain said:
I'm still trying to figure this one out.

I have some names ordered through snapnames that appeared on the NetSol list but no auction has taken place yet and I have not been awarded the domain. Two names still appears as PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM, two others have the old nameservers listed but are well beyond the expiration date.

Also, is the "Updated Date" now meaningless with these paticular NetSol names?

My understanding is that the domains stay on PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM until either renewed (probably the case with "two others have the old nameservers listed") or it reaches 36 days (at which time the auction begins).

Yet since this is the beginning, and there are many domains that netsol has had on hold for years, some names go from onhold status to PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM and into auction very quickly (since the registrants have already had more than 36 days to renew).

JMO
Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom