Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

People selling domains on craigslist.com now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been doing this for a while.
Once in a while you got a sucker. I also got web design jobs from CL also.

It's a Free Ebay site.

I use to get a half dozen web design jobs from CL every month, one month I had to sub-contract the work, because I had like 20+ requests.

I have a friend that had an "alright" Property Management company for a few years, I told him to advertise his listings on Facebook, other than just on his website and WOM, he blew up. I think he got a little over half a dozen clients in his first month.

Pretty crazy, but craigslist is where it's at.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just make sure that you posted in the right section - not men seeking women section. You may get a sucker in the wrong section too!

or even worse: in the men seeking men section!
I use to get a half dozen web design jobs from CL every month, one month I had to sub-contract the work, because I had like 20+ requests.

I have a friend that had an "alright" Property Management company for a few years, I told him to advertise his listings on Facebook, other than just on his website and WOM, he blew up. I think he got a little over half a dozen clients in his first month.

Pretty crazy, but craigslist is where it's at.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LMFAO.

I said Facebook instead of craigslist, lol. That is where it is happening now too.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually made quite an interesting connection over craigslist pertaining to domain names. It's not "the" place to buy and sell them, but you never know who you'll meet on there.

Ironically, one ad of mine showed up on the search page you had linked to. I'll challenge you to guess which one it is ;)

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Claimcost.com?

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Claimcost.com?

That guy's been trying to sell that one for a long time - he's offered it to me a few times.

I'll give you a hint. Not .com's. And I'll give you another hint. If my ad were on DNForum, it would not be compliant with the rules. Think about titles.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call girls?

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call girls?

That site is such a joke. A three-word .ca domain and rudimentary wordpress template are not worth $3,000.

If it started generating leads, maybe it would be worth a bit of money. But no product = no interest, if you catch my drift ;)

And wrong again. I'll give it up. It's the photography one. I won't specify the names here so as to avoid my post being construed as a solicitation :)

No inquiries, but hey, you never know.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't it be allowed on DNForum... Because of the half deceiving title? That's smart marketing imho...

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't it be allowed on DNForum... Because of the half deceiving title? That's smart marketing imho...

Thanks for the compliment :)

But no, DNF rules require that sales threads feature the name (or at least one name in the case of multiple names) in the title.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Too many low ballers on CraigsList... It might be great for selling low value domains but for keyword generics or premium names, Forget it.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Too many low ballers on CraigsList... It might be great for selling low value domains but for keyword generics or premium names, Forget it.

I've done several hundred deals on Craigslist. I used to sell blackberries there, and at one point had a store acting as a distributor for me.

I had people offering $15 for $60 phones. Besides being lowballers, it doesn't attract the brightest people either. The guy who ran the store told me that a guy actually came in and asked him "how do you type?".

Somehow the keyboard was invisible to him.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After seeing this thread, I decided to offer relevant geo domains on a handful of Craigslist sites just for kicks.

I quickly received one response, the classic scam email: "Do you still have the item?" If I say yes, he'll tell me he can pay with a certified check, but it will be for too much, so I can forward the extra money to someone else for him ... :)

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For only $3,000 one could, if not a scam, buy a call girl site in Canada and become a pimp.
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/bfs/2606358542.html

But on a more serious note, I have found free Craiglist good for selling large local items that one would not want to ship.

Expensive eBay does give the advantage of a large worldwide market - but sometimes one is hard to find in the large market. I think there are tens of thousands of domain names on eBay at any one time.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I added three geo+ domains last night, and had one inquiry so far.
We'll see how it goes...

mj360

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interesting stuff...thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom