Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

People selling domains on craigslist.com now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic1

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a guy from Nigeria telling me he was the owner of Craigslist.com and he wanted to sell it to me. The best was he only wanted me to pay $400 and a $99 shipping fee VIA Western Union. LOL What a Bargain

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I figured why not give it a shot. I listed maybe a dozen or so GEO domains in in various large cities across the country and london as well. Didn't list with price / taking offers

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After I posted a bunch of geo real-estate-related domains on various Craigslist sites, a realtor replied to one ad, saying, "Ok I'll buy it. Call me [phone number] let's talk." I left a couple messages & emailed him, but he never got back to me; I don't know if it wasn't really him, or if he got cold feet.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After I posted a bunch of geo real-estate-related domains on various Craigslist sites, a realtor replied to one ad, saying, "Ok I'll buy it. Call me [phone number] let's talk." I left a couple messages & emailed him, but he never got back to me; I don't know if it wasn't really him, or if he got cold feet.

They're the worst buyers, I have the same issue every time I deal with them.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Wouldn't surprise me. These are the same people who think that for Joe Jacobs to own joejacobs.com, suffices as "being on the internet" or "being on google".

But people are not searching for "Joe Jacobs". They are searching for "homes for sale".

An elementary concept to us, misspelled Greek to them.

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me. These are the same people who think that for Joe Jacobs to own joejacobs.com, suffices as "being on the internet" or "being on google".

But people are not searching for "Joe Jacobs". They are searching for "homes for sale".

An elementary concept to us, misspelled Greek to them.

Exactly! My best guess would be in another 10 years or so Geo Domains will have alot higher value then they do today

metafever

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is good stuff, any ideas if they are successful ?

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly! My best guess would be in another 10 years or so Geo Domains will have alot higher value then they do today

Consider how long from now that will be. Think about how much has changed since 2002. That's 10 years.

The same years going in the other direction to 2022. That will be two and a half election cycles in the US, and a 38% increase in the internet's age (assuming you consider the internet to have started in 1985).

I honestly think that at the rate things are going, between government regulation and innovation of the internet beyond what we're used to now, the internet will be a very different place in 2022.

I may be singing a different tune than I had been in the past, but I haven't got the same long term faith in domains as I had before. Not to the point that I'll register domains and say they'll be worth something in "10 years or thereabouts".

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

LOL I thought I was the only one that felt that way. Let me add Lawyers to the mix.

Intelligent people too mesmorized by their own opinion of their "internet" competence!

I've never tried craigslist but why not? Any exposure anywhere!

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have sold domains on Craigslist since 2004. Only works well with geo domains, have not had much success with any other type domains. Because of "Craigslist Ghosting" it is not what it used to be by far. Those days are gone.

Last edited:

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Honestly surprised more arent offering names or sites more on craiglists. I'd rather post there for free right now than post in on a popluar auction site that decent sites get no offers, or list it on a popular site auction site and....sell sizzle.

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A lot of business owners are there selling their geo specific services there. Considering many of us have geoservice names it makes sense to me. Of course you are going to get stupid offers or questions, but a few dumb questions for decent sales isnt bad. Saw some good names here recently that would seem worth more than asked for here if placed on craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom