Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

PIR Whois Incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just registered a .org and I have several other ones at enom as well. For some reason it keeps associationg a phone number +1.111111111 and then a co.uk email address with my domains. I have went into the settings and manually updated everything and this random email and phone number keep showing up with every domain I register now. When I look at whois.enom.com everything is correct but PIR seems to be the problem. Anyone know what I am talking about or have any suggestions what I should do??

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Had this once and updating with the correct information didn't help. However when I completely changed the info, waited for it to register and then changed it again to the correct info, it worked - don't know why but that worked for me.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well ... I guess it's more a problem of eNom than PIR. As the registry, THEIR whois is always correct (a.k.a. authoritative). It's only that what you updated and showing at eNom is not (yet) reflected there, probably because of a delay in communication between the registrar and the registry.

I actually had this happened to me recently with RegisterFly where I had updated my whois info, showed up correctly at both RegFly and eNom, but took another couple of days before it was finally reflected in PIR's whois. From my experience with some other names (.org's) registered via OpenSRS/Tucows, updates are actually done in 15 minutes or so. Don't know if it has anything to do with the RRP-to-EPP transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom