Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Plat. Members - Have you thought about upgrading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I will upgrade to an exclusive membership some day, I hope soon. I like this place so much and I want to get the most out of it :)

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i thought about, but no.. mabye in the future.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not thinking of upgrading yet.

Although the $350 might be recovered through use of the information acquired, I have other more demands that I perceive as more important, like acquisition of new domains and renewals.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namewaiter said:
<<MODEDIT>> Deleted. Actnow and Wilco wanted positive comments on being a member not negatives.

This is not Wilco's thread -- this is Actnow's thread -- created with a specific question for Platinum members. Let's leave Wilco's requests out of this one, please.

Also, must the moderators be so heavy-handed with their "delete" keys? I know they're trying to keep this forum clean, but it's becoming oppresive, IMHO. I've never been censored, but every time I see one of these posts, I wonder, what was so awful that they had to delete the whole post? But I digress (and will therefore, probably have this post deleted :cheeky: )

To keep this post on topic, I might add that I am still seriously considering upgrading, but honestly the continued outcry against the price and discrepancy between "free" and $350 makes me want to wait and see if the administrators finally meet somewhere in the middle.

BTW, speaking of exclusivity -- who is Adam? Why do people insist on using people's first names instead of their screen names on this board -- as if this gives them some level of joy knowing that that they are part of the "inner circle" of domainers? If we are going to go by our names, our names should be posted under or near our screennames, to reduce confusion. If we are going to go by our usernames, let's go by our usernames. I guess I am exposing my ignorance here, but this is another pet peeve of mine -- and another reason I am reluctant to "buy in" (any further, anyway) to this clicque.

Corwin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FLe8 said:
This is not Wilco's thread -- this is Actnow's thread -- created with a specific question for Platinum members. Let's leave Wilco's requests out of this one, please.

Also, must the moderators be so heavy-handed with their "delete" keys? I know they're trying to keep this forum clean, but it's becoming oppresive, IMHO. I've never been censored, but every time I see one of these posts, I wonder, what was so awful that they had to delete the whole post? But I digress (and will therefore, probably have this post deleted :cheeky: )

i agree with you, what are those manner? why their posts has been deleted?

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namewaiter said:
<<MODEDIT>> Deleted. Actnow and Wilco wanted positive comments on being a member not negatives.

what did i say that was so bad?

i said the thread titles looked enticing up there in exclusive land... and have considered upgrading.

so from now on when we list a domain for appraisal can we say...

'i'm looking for appraisals on xxxxx.in, but please only post if you think it's worth between $1,000 and $2,000'

and this would be ok? you will delete all post outside of this range? is this not a discussion board?

Originally Posted by actnow
Please limit your posts to the specific question.
And, not to voice your feelings about the invite system.

OK i digress

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FLe8 said:
I really don't think we are being heavy-handed we are just trying to keep the posts on-topic and not keep re-hashing the complaint about how invites are used. I expect trader probably just made a mistake in the names of wilco and actnow as we have had two similar threads.

FLe8 said:
BTW, speaking of exclusivity -- who is Adam? Why do people insist on using people's first names instead of their screen names on this board -- as if this gives them some level of joy knowing that that they are part of the "inner circle" of domainers? If we are going to go by our names, our names should be posted under or near our screennames, to reduce confusion. If we are going to go by our usernames, let's go by our usernames. I guess I am exposing my ignorance here, but this is another pet peeve of mine -- and another reason I am reluctant to "buy in" (any further, anyway) to this clicque.
Adam is Adam Dicker or DCG, the owner of this forum - it isn't a secret or special privilege it has been widely posted here on DNForum and recently appeared in Ron's (sorry Duke's :-D ) DNJournal.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
I really don't think we are being heavy-handed we are just trying to keep the posts on-topic and not keep re-hashing the complaint about how invites are used. I expect trader probably just made a mistake in the names of wilco and actnow as we have had two similar threads.

Mr. Webname, Your comments are always welcomed on any of my threads.

However, by your rules, you are taking us off topic.

(Please issue yourself one warning.) :-D

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FLe8 said:
This is not Wilco's thread -- this is Actnow's thread.

Right, only said that because the thread and negative comments wers so similar and also off topic as in Wilco's thread. Was thinking about both the threads at the time.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
I don't participate in many forums (I spend enough hours on this one every day), but do all forums operate by deleting posts in this fashion? It seems almost autocratic. Why not simply warn the offenders? Maybe the posts are beginning to stray more and more, but in my almost two years here, I have seen more deleted posts in the last 3 months than the first 20-some combined.

Besides, FWIW, I think the invite system does suck, and is one very real reason I have not upgraded. Knowing that nobodies from eBay are getting access to the "Exclusive" forums for next to nothing doesn't entice me to spend $350 (over what I have already spent) to gain entrance. Therefore, this area is not appealing to me, per se. Of course, I'm on the outside looking in and know nothing about what goes on in there with "Adam" and his cronies. But my reluctance to upgrade does include a certain level of disdain for the invite system, and it is therefore on-topic to say honestly that this is one reason I have not upgraded. Of course ActNow did request that the invite system be excluded from our posts, but you can't open a can of worms and not expect a few nightcrawlers to escape. :cheeky:
Mr Webname said:
Adam is Adam Dicker or DCG, the owner of this forum - it isn't a secret or special privilege it has been widely posted here on DNForum and recently appeared in Ron's (sorry Duke's :-D ) DNJournal.
I think I knew that, it would just be more conducive to call everyone by their "assumed" names, rather than confusing matters. Or, if people want to go by their real names, they would put them in their signature. DCG does not, so I assume he would prefer to be called DCG or DotComGod. I guess I just find it humorous, because you can tell people are simply "name-dropping" to sound more official and part of the growing clicque.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't forgot that every member was given the opportunity to upgrade at half price when the dnf sell took place. Many clues of things to come for exclusive members were given in advance.

I too, however, was one who did not upgrade at the time I should have, waiting to actually "see" some of the exclusive benefits that were coming down the line.

From what I hear the upgrade seems worthwhile, and not being a web designer it is probably more worthwhile to me than maybe some others who are web designers. The ppc templates sound very interesting as well ... but I am also just hearing about the rewards and have not seen the benefits. I will "probably" pay to find out in the near future.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd love to be exclusive, but I thought Platinum was going to be the top. I don't think I'd want to pay to be upgraded again.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
insomnia said:
I'd love to be exclusive, but I thought Platinum was going to be the top. I don't think I'd want to pay to be upgraded again.

Same here, I thought Platinum will be top status. You'll never know if they come up another membership above Exclusive .. say Exclusive Diamond ... My 2 cent. :)

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have thought about exclusive, but I would like to see more benefits for something I pay $350 for.

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd consider exclusive membership if it had more benefits attached. I already have the software and some other tools so it most likely isn't much use to those who have been around for a while.

I bet the discussions would be interesting but i've found through lurking in forums over the years that discussions can be interesting anywhere. Perhaps instead of talking and organising $XXX, $XXXX, and $XX,XXX deals they do $XXX,XXX+ deals? In that case it would be even less use to me since I don't have that big a bankroll to throw around.

I have considered it though, even with my small post count and "newbie" looking stats :)

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what you all forgot is that you all can upgrade for free by using your DNF$ :) there are alot of ways to get more DNF$ for free, just head over to F$ Sales/Auctions. you only need to save up 35000

Is it worth it? i think so, there is alot of usefull information to be read in the Exclusive Forum and i believe that you get your $$ back in free stuff that you get and the knowledge you gain and from what i hear i think that there will be lots more to come

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stevey said:
what you all forgot is that you all can upgrade for free by using your DNF$ :) there are alot of ways to get more DNF$ for free, just head over to F$ Sales/Auctions. you only need to save up 35000

Woohoo only 35k i'm nearly there :)

MerlinK

Premium Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, i'm going to start my own thread, because I want to hear from currently EXCLUSIVE members, who can either say its good OR bad -- I want to hear both.

-Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom