Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Please Check This out !

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this guy for real or what 4 negatives out of 84 i suppose he wouldnt mind another for the money hes about to get paid by some poor mug ! a three letter domain you can pronounce but it does not say its a word and you even get a .com i think someone has bid 20k BLIND !

Some people have more money than sense LOL

I hope im made to eat my words for the buyers sake alone !

Here the link !

http://cgi.ebay.com/MILLION-DOLLAR-...8QQihZ008QQcategoryZ11153QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Domain Days 2024

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I couldnt remmember my ebay password was gonna ask under ask seller if name has more than 3 charecters ie: c-at.com or butt.com 3 letters but 4 charecters

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
I couldnt remmember my ebay password was gonna ask under ask seller if name has more than 3 charecters ie: c-at.com or butt.com 3 letters but 4 charecters

Yeah good point and a good scam !

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
be careful... :)

Questions from other members : MILLION DOLLAR MYSTERY 3 LETTER DOMAIN NAME AUCTION!!!! Item number: 9742657218

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: I just want to write this email to you and express my interest in winning the auction for the 3 letter domain name. However, I bidded 3,000 and then 10,000, but my budget does not allow me to go over 10,000 for this name. I currently sell domain names on www.sedo.com and know the value of a 3 letter domain name as described. I wish you the best of luck with the sale of your domain name! -- Can you please confirm that I was the first to bid $3,000 and $10,000? Thank you and best of luck, Bryan
Jun-20-06
A: Hi Bryan, Yes you are confirmed.

Q: ok, i understand that you needed to ask me if I was serious since I only have 1 feedback. I just honestly never use ebay. I usually use sites such as Sedo for domain names but this auction caught my attention. thank you for not taking away my bid. good luck with your auction.
Jun-20-06
A: No problem, thank you for your interest. The domain will be anounced after the auction in press releases ebay and on my car for marketing.

Q: Hello Coins101902, I was the first person to bid $3,000 and $10,000. Will you send me $1,500? And if so, how will you pay that sum, paypal? I look forward to hearing from you. Take care, Bryan
Jun-19-06
A: I will pay all nonwinning bidders the bonus as soon as the money is received and cleared from the buyer. You can choose to be paid by money order or paypal.

Q: It was a serious bid. I have over 500 domain names. I figured a LLL.com thats also pronouncable should be worth close to 20k and if I had the 20k bid then I would also get the 2300 so that would mean I get the name for only 17,700 which isnt bad for any pronouceable LLL.com. Thank you.
Jun-19-06
A: Oh I know that this is going to go for over that price because it's worth alot more than that. I just want to make sure bidders are serious. I just wanted to check because of feedback reasons.

Q: Hi, I have made a $7000 bid on the domain but I was very quickly outbided. My limited budget douen't let me to bid any more. Anyway, I sure hope to receive the $700. Please confirm me that I was the first and tell me when will I receive it. Best regards
Jun-19-06
A: Yes you ARE the $700 bonus winner. You will be paid once the winning bidders funds are recieved and cleared. NOTE TO ALL BIDDERS PRESENT AND FUTURE: DO NOT BID UNLESS YOU INTEND TO PAY FOR THIS AUCTION. IF YOU WIN AND DON'T PAY YOU WOULD RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE INCLUDING YOURSELF!

Q: hi again, sorry I ran out of space in the previous message, I just wanted to thank you and hopefully since I can`t win this premium .com, I hope to hear from you with the bonus of $500. Best regards
Jun-19-06
A: Yes you ARE the $500 bonus winner and you will be paid once the winners funds have been cleared.

Q: hi there, congrats for your premium .com, I think I know what it can be but unfortunately bidding is going over my finances so all I want to know now is how I will know if the winning bidder pays for the domain. Also, in the bid history the user ae86_4agze_trueno ( 155) bidded US $5,000.00 on 19-Jun-06 03:11:45 AEST but despite the system puts him first, my bid was before him, so I am the first one who bidded US $5,000.00 Said that, I advice you to add to the description, the winners of the bonus so before you send the money, people will be reassured that everything is correct. Personally, I would ask to the highest bidders to send you a bond like 5% of their bid so that if they ran away you keep the bond. This will totally improve the quality of auction because I doubt those bidders with no feedback or very little feedback can be seriously interested in paying it. That`s my opinion anyway, I wish you best of luck and would love to know what the name was once the auction ends.
Jun-19-06
A: You know I am taking some bidders off as we speak. If you do not have 50+positive feedback or you don't write in about being serious about purchasing the name your bid will be canceled. Don't think for a second I will take a bid from 1 feedback! This is a serious auction for serious bidders!

Q: Lets see some more clues!
Jun-19-06
A: TENTH CLUE: THIS 3 LETTER PREMIUM .COM DOMAIN NAME DOES NOT CONTAIN AN E MORE CLUES AT THE NEXT MILESTONE. NO MORE PER 1000 OR YOU'LL FIGURE IT OUT :)

Q: Can I have the next clue please?
Jun-19-06
A: NEW CLUES!! SIXTH CLUE: THIS 3 LETTER PREMIUM .COM DOMAIN NAME DOES CONTAIN ATLEAST ONE VOWEL (A,E,I,O,U) SEVENTH CLUE: THIS 3 LETTER PREMIUM .COM DOMAIN NAME DOES NOT HAVE AN N EIGHTH CLUE: THIS 3 LETTER PREMIUM .COM DOMAIN NAME DOES NOT HAVE AN C NINTH CLUE: THIS 3 LETTER PREMIUM .COM DOMAIN NAME DOES NOT HAVE AN R

Q: Hi this question is a repeat you where asked is it a real english word you answered the guy on all questions accept if it is a real english word which I think is the most important question asked so far and very hard to miss
Jun-18-06
A: REVISE NOT WORKING NEW CLUES! FORTH CLUE: THIS PREMIUM .COM THREE LETTER DOMAIN NAME CAN BE PRONOUNCED AS A WORD FIFTH CLUE: THIS PREMIUM .COM THREE LETTER DOMAIN NAME DOES NOT CONTAIN THE LETTER F

Q: does the domain name contain any junk letters such as j,q,x,y,z
Jun-17-06
A: REVISE NOT WORKING SEE CLUES HERE! By the way this is a mystery domain this is why I can't tell you everything! FIRST CLUE: THIS THREE LETTER PREMIUM .COM NAME DOES NOT CONTAIN THE LETTERS Z SECOND CLUE: THIS THREE LETTER PREMIUM .COM NAME DOES NOT CONTAIN THE LETTERS X THIRD CLUE: THIS THREE LETTER PREMIUM .COM NAME DOES NOT CONTAIN THE LETTERS L GET A NEW CLUE EVERY $1000!

Q: I just want to let you know that I am extremely interested in winning the auction for this 3 letter domain name. I also was the first person to bid over 3,000. (3,001) (not gloriakimdotnet) Please respond to let me know if you received this message. Thank you, Bryan
Jun-17-06
A: Hi, Yes I got your message just now. I have been trying to revise the item to put the clues on all day. There is something wrong with the revise form. So please read the next question as the hints will be in there.

Q: Hi, I need some clarification regarding your auction, first, is it real 3 letter .com domain name? please make sure it is not IDN or contains any other IDN characters. Second, is it a realy english word? Third, if I bid $2000, and I did not win the auction, when will I get paid, and how do I know if the winner bidder payed you. thats all my questions, thanks.
Jun-16-06
A: Okay first this is NOT an IDN. This IS A REAL 3 LETTER(A-Z) .COM PREMIUM DOMAIN NAME! This does NOT contain any IDN Characters. Second look at the first clue. Third if you are the first bidder who bids $2000 you will be contacted immediately after the winner bidder has paid and funds have cleared on how you would like your bonus payment.

Q: Are there any numbers in the domain or is just letters? (A-Z) Thanks.
Jun-16-06
A: Just letters! No Numbers! Thanks :)!

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No way will this go through. There is no logical explanation how a mystery auction can ever work in the buyers favor. The seller has the ultimate information advantage over the buyer.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am going to think outside of the box. I know it is hard for some people to follow, but you should try it sometime.

Here is the scenario that I see.

1) It is a decent 3 letter.com name and the buyer gets a pretty good deal (maybe even great). This allows the seller to really go for the kill on a future auction...if he wants to offer less quality.

I will almost guarantee that it is not a scam, and I will certainly guarantee that many of the bidders are only there for the bonus money, and if they happen to win the auction after others have defaulted then my guess is that they likely will cry about it and not pay if they don't love the name.

In fact, I think I just nailed it for you inside-the-box boys.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will almost guarantee that it is not a scam

You could guarantee by buying it and the telling us what it is. That would really teach a lesson to the rest of us.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to buy it. I already have one of the best three letter dotcom's in the world....PAT.com. If he was selling something similar then he wouldn't risk it in this auction. This auction is going to be like winning a free trip to Florida....in August. Not a scam, but not the greatest of victories.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I bet the guy running this auction would be happy to swap names with you. And he wouldn't be selling PAT.com as a mystery auction.
Can't believe you don't smell a fish. The whole thing has Carney written all over it.

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Notice he never does say it's a word in English.
3 letters (5 characters) tofot.com & the dang thing is spelled the same backwards & forwards...

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
From what I see the seller has built a decent enough reputation on EBay, and has been quite creative in the past. He has a few negative feedback's, but it looks like it is the same person who complained multiple times. So, he has a decent business established and seems to be making money...now, you are telling me that he is going to throw his reputation and business down the drain with a mystery auction scam?

It is much more likely to be a great name than a scam because if it were a scam then the odds of him forcing someone to pay are between slim and none. It's not like the moment the auction is over he is delivered a box of $100 bills. I said that "if" he had a name like PAT.com then he wouldn't risk it in a mystery auction, so my guess is that it is going to be at least a decent name, but it won't be like winning the lottery. He could conceivably be setting people up for a later score, but that brings us right back to the "forcing them to pay" issue..which he won't be able to do under any circumstances, let alone shady ones.

That's why they call me Sherlock.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If he had a decent name he would get top dollar for it, and not blind the bidders or potential buyer. By offering incentives, he is only collecting people that are interested in making a quick buck, not people that are truely interested in dishing out 30k+ for a domain name that is most likely worth 8k or less. Reguardless, I will put money on two things. This mystery auction is not a scam, as the seller is using a tactic that many many people have used before him... but instead he is using his blind to take advantage of the bidding cycle. There are people that are literally addicted to bidding, even when they have no idea what they are getting, some people go over bord, especially with the incentives he is offering; and later relize that and do thier best to break the deal. My seccond bet is that no matter how high the bidding reaches, the winning bidder will NOT pay, and the outcome of the auction will be a total waste of time for anyone that participated. He would have been lucky if the bidding reached 6k, and stayed at 6k. as its not such a far fetched price for any 3 letter .com... but from what I see, as the bidding has already reached 30k... we are looking at people that truely are not serious about investing such a large sum of money. I could be wrong, but im willing to put money down on anyone that is thinking anything different.

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got a huge feeling that no matter what the domain is this joker ain't going to be paid...

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is much more likely to be a great name

If I told you that the last 2 "rare 3 letter premium" names he sold were RY9.com and 5QJ.net, would that change your opinion?

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am going on the assumption that the name is dotcom, 3 letters; not numbers. Anything less than that is a scam. I believe he has stated the above. The vowel is certainly not in the middle, either. It is going to be something like BRI or ERT or something worse, but within the guidelines he has spelled out. I just came up with those names....trying to give an example of something that is not quite what most would consider premium.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmm, this could be a good one. I wrote the seller because there seems to be a couple of things. The biggest thing I see right now is that the seller is not keeping up with the clues, doesn't he owe us like 30 more? 40k divided by 1k = 40 clues, correct? Here is his quote: EVERY $1000 DOLLARS WE WILL START TO GIVE "HINTS" ON YOUR DOMAIN!. I only see 10 clues. By now, with 40 clues you could nearly guess the domain. Hmm? I have to agree with Dog too, why the mystery if it is such a good name. Selling Pat.com would generate enough money the shroud of mystery might actually hurt that sale. Cheers.

Acro

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The mystery auction is simply an attempt to get more money for the name. There is nothing wrong with it. I have a bigger problem with people who are bidding that have no intention of paying if they don't like the name. My guess is that he will be moving down the list as each bidder defaults, but who knows? He is definitely getting his money's worth and I think it is a smart move.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whatever we call it, we can all probably agree that no money will ever change hands in this auction. I'm going to bet that this guy gets about 25 complaints to ebay from people who believe they won cash prizes. I'd say he's going to get a lot more than he bargained for from some very unhappy ebayers.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you guys, no money will change hands. The funny thing is I wonder if someone will pay without knowing the actual name. I mean that is what the auction is about, right. As the buyer I wouldn't want to escrow funds for some unknown and as the seller I wouldn't want to make known the name without the funds because there goes the surprise. Tricky situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom