Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Please comment on this idea for selling to end users

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkellerman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. I have been sitting on some 3 letter domains (mostly .info) for years and once in a blue moon I get an offer from an end user at Sedo.

2. My idea is for each domain to get the following job done at a freelance site:
a. search in google for the relevant LLL term
b. for each of the top 100 results get the contact e-mail for that web-site
c. send an e-mail to all 100 offering the domain for sale

3. Hopefully I will get replies from a few people interested in buying the domain

Any comments on this?
Has anyone done anything like this before?

Domain Summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. I have been sitting on some 3 letter domains (mostly .info) for years and once in a blue moon I get an offer from an end user at Sedo.

2. My idea is for each domain to get the following job done at a freelance site:
a. search in google for the relevant LLL term
b. for each of the top 100 results get the contact e-mail for that web-site
c. send an e-mail to all 100 offering the domain for sale

3. Hopefully I will get replies from a few people interested in buying the domain

Any comments on this?
Has anyone done anything like this before?

if you're sending out emails to potentials trying to sell your LLL.info's to the top 100, just imagine those same people may have gotten emails from the same LLL owners of...

.com
.net
.org
and maybe even .us and .biz

just something to consider, so make your email very unique if you have to send out spam

Gregoire

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer but I think that LLL are safe unless somebody can prove your bad faith. And from what I can remember, contacting XYZ Inc. to inform them that XYZ.info is for sale could be a proof of bad faith. Anyone can confirm?

Are you planning to hire a "freelance domain broker" or a "freelance with no experience at all in this field"? Selling .infos is not easy... selling domains to end users is not easy either!

bdss

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried that and got an offer of $5000 for a generic .tv name.

Their is always potential of a sale in this kind of thing and sometimes it works sometime it dosen't. Give it a try until then you wont know.

But as someone already said make sure you dont do it in a way where it can be proved as bad faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators