Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Please help: Caught a domain successfully at namejet then it was stolen by registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Moral of the story: renew, renew, renew way in advance. If you missed the deadline, pay the rather exorbitant $250 redemption fee - or you end up paying $350+ for a domain that has now lost its original registration date.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well. I thought pre-release names were exclusive and non-competitve for name jet. enom is has an exclusive drop partnership with namejet correct? This does not make sense to me.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Onward you're correct. But that name clearly dropped. For some reason it was allowed to drop. It could have been grabbed by another dropcatcher at this point.
BTW NJ could have tried to grab it as pending-delete, if it was still in the list of backorders.

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Onward you're correct. But that name clearly dropped. For some reason it was allowed to drop. It could have been grabbed by another dropcatcher at this point.
BTW NJ could have tried to grab it as pending-delete, if it was still in the list of backorders.

I'm not sure how the domain dropped. I had it backordered in prerelease.

kengreenwood

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This exact thing just happened to me. I was the sole bidder in a pre-release...the last date to get into the pre-release was 2/3. The domain has been sitting in pending auction for 3 days. I checked the whois today and it's owned by a Stanley Pace (lots of WIPO cases against him) and it's sitting on a Fabulous name server. Complete bullshit.

I'm not sure why anyone would any incentive to use NJ if you can't even count on a pre-release domain to fall your way when you're the only bidder.

kengreenwood

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's NameJet's bullsh*t response to me on the domain I won and then lost in this manner:

"Hello,

It appears that the registrar of this domain, Fabulous, has pulled it out of auction for the time being. They may send it to us eventually, but for now it is still in "Pending Auction" status. When this happens, the domain will say "Auction Pending for about 7 days, then switch to "Wish List".

Thank you,

Patrick O.
Technical Support Team
My Support Hours: Thursday - Monday 6:30am - 3:30pm Pacific Time
Out of the office Tuesday and Wednesday"

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the stanley pace situation for a name right now...

I was the only bidder in a namejet pre-release name...it has been pending auction for a few days... I guess this is some kind of a namejet.com domain phishing scam.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This exact thing just happened to me. I was the sole bidder in a pre-release...the last date to get into the pre-release was 2/3. The domain has been sitting in pending auction for 3 days. I checked the whois today and it's owned by a Stanley Pace (lots of WIPO cases against him) and it's sitting on a Fabulous name server. Complete bullshit.

I'm not sure why anyone would any incentive to use NJ if you can't even count on a pre-release domain to fall your way when you're the only bidder.

did the name drop and now stanley pace is the registrant?

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's an unfortunate story for sure but how many guys here would buy a name
for 69 and sell it for xxx even if it was to the original owner??

Mike Mann is a super reasonable guy, we've dealt with him and his outfit Domain Market and he's a class act. Rather
than having a bunch of third party middlemen (and ladies) speak on your behalf why not sit down and
compose an email explaining what happened.

It's easy for people to post their frustrations in an open public forum like DNF but in this case I would reach out to
the new owner directly. When you've done that and made some progress come on back and let us know what a great
understanding guy Mike is.

Happy Selling

kengreenwood

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Matt -I don't think any of us domainers are questioning the fact that we all are out to make as much money as possible. The point is that there are policies laid out by NJ that they are clearly not following. This isn't like they forgot to backorder the domain and it dropped. One of their partners puts a domain in auction and isn't happy with the results and decides to remove the domain from auction. If they would just change their policy to state something like "Namejet reserves the right to cancel any auction without question", then we'd all know that up front and would act on it accordingly.

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

And let me rephrase - it's not "the point", it's just my opinion and the reason why I have an issue with it. Namejet could fix the issue by changing a single word in their policy... it would make me not want to use them but they could change:

If there is only one Backorder request for a domain meeting the minimum bid amount, the auction will immediately close and the Backorder amount entered by the user will be charged.

to

If there is only one Backorder request for a domain meeting the minimum bid amount, the auction MAY immediately close and the Backorder amount entered by the user MAY be charged.

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We will see how friendly Mike Mann's outfit really is...I have offered the newyork version of the domain and that hasn't worked so far.

Still in shock that I could win the inverse version of the domain as the only bidder, yet as the only bidder for the other version it somehow did not go through and now I'm dealing with everything we see here.

Specifically an enom rep suggested that if I do not choose the redemption to catch it through namejet. Never was there any mention anywhere that they may not be able to handle the hand off between their own system.

On another note, a domain I let expire that needed prerelease bids in by the 4th was bid on by myself and two others. Weeks later I find that it was reg'd Jan 5 to "Most Wanted Domains"

Part of a phishing scam?
enom/namejet insider?

What is going on here?

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
emailed the listed registrant of the second domain that was phished/stolen/hijacked and the email bounces back

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
emailed the listed registrant of the second domain that was phished/stolen/hijacked and the email bounces back

I think that accusing Mike Mann of hijacking your domain goes a bit too far. When you failed to renew it, it was your fault. When you failed to pay the redemption fee, it was also your fault. I would consider this a lesson and move on.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

when you fail to renew so many domains, you only have yourself to blame.

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that accusing Mike Mann of hijacking your domain goes a bit too far. When you failed to renew it, it was your fault. When you failed to pay the redemption fee, it was also your fault. I would consider this a lesson and move on.

If you clearly read the post, I'm referring to a different domain listed with "most wanted domains" I'm not implying Mike Mann is an unethical scammer, what happened with the previous name seems to be a "fumbled handoff" we will call it where the domain i backordered somehow dropped and then his outfit registered it. Obviously if I knew it had dropped I would have registered it sometime in the six days it was available to register.

For the other domain: CaliforniaConcerts.com I registered to bid along with two other people which needed to be done by Jan 4.

on Jan 5 the new registrant is "most wanted domains" and never was there any notice from namejet about an auction.

all emails sent to the listed email are undeliverable.

manos2020

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At Namejet ENOM names are listed for biding during end of expiring period
(this period is 40 days, domains are listed at about 30th or a little earlier)
Usually bidding can be made till 36th date, in order if there are multi bidders to have time
for the private auction.
Transfer to new owner should be made the latest the 40th day because after it (entering redemption period)
registrar has no control on domain (it is back to registry and can be pulled out with big fee)

I wrote all these in order to understand these:
1. Old owner has many days to renew the domain with regular fee, till 40th day, especially if he sees that
his domain has interest for bidders at NJ listing.
2. Old owner has also 30 days more to pull out the domain from redemption with bigger fee. (that's why domain is auction locked
at new account and cannot be transferred)
3. Old owner can be contacted by a potential buyer (or even the registrar) in order to renew and "sell" the domain

Hope it helps

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At Namejet ENOM names are listed for biding during end of expiring period
(this period is 40 days, domains are listed at about 30th or a little earlier)
Usually bidding can be made till 36th date, in order if there are multi bidders to have time
for the private auction.
Transfer to new owner should be made the latest the 40th day because after it (entering redemption period)
registrar has no control on domain (it is back to registry and can be pulled out with big fee)

I wrote all these in order to understand these:
1. Old owner has many days to renew the domain with regular fee, till 40th day, especially if he sees that
his domain has interest for bidders at NJ listing.
2. Old owner has also 30 days more to pull out the domain from redemption with bigger fee. (that's why domain is auction locked
at new account and cannot be transferred)
3. Old owner can be contacted by a potential buyer (or even the registrar) in order to renew and "sell" the domain

Hope it helps

Thanks for the info.

I was the old owner of both of these domains and chose to catch them rather than redeem them, however namejet dropped the ball and so far has been pleading no fault of the failure to secure the domain.s

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As an addition to this thread. Back in December/January I was in bidding list for PearlQatar.com and so were 8 or 9 other bidders. All of a sudden the domain was taken out of my NJ bidding list (as I guess was also for the other 8 or 9 prospective bidders) and domain was given to someone ,probably friends of Enom/NJ (after all Enom and NJ are one and same really) . I then checked and saw it was freshly registered the day it was supposed to be released. I then wrote to Support at NJ would said some cock and bull story. I then pressed harder and they said sorry but that sometimes happens with Enom and they have no control over how they act . Sure. I then pressed again and received no reply. Is run by shysters with no ethics. Shortly after I emailed NJ the whois was changed again to what it is now. I checked SEDO where it was listed and see that the email of seller/owner is [email protected] which when do search online shows as Steve Kerry / North West Enterprise, Inc http://gotcha-whosbad.blogspot.com/
Question is, what is connection between him/them and Enom/NJ ? Must be one somewhere !!

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom