Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

plugins to show idn in ie7 browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there one plugin to show IDN's in the browser under the address bar or do I need 1 for each language I deal with.

Right now i get the silly rectangular boxes but when I hit enter it does search for the right IDN.

Thanks,

-=DCG=-

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, IE7 supports IDNs natively i.e. no plugins of any kind are installed. It might be that you've never installed the right fonts on your system to display the characters IE7 knows are there...

From posts elsewhere, it also seems that the problem may be too many plugins rather than too few. Because IE7 has native IDN support, plugins such as Verisign's i-Nav cause a conflict and should be removed.

ctc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you mean IE6. if so you need a plugin. If you meant IE7 (beta) then no plugin is required. and to answer your question only one plugin is available as far as i know ( i-Nav ).

Explorer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's correct. There I-Nav is the plug-in to use for all languages if you are using IE6 and don't have Netscape or Firefox.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have experienced something unusual myself with IE7. I downloaded it the first day I could and everything has run great. The characters showed up and it really worked flawlessly. Recently though the characters have reverted back to the "boxes" Nothing has changed on my system, all the language fonts are still installed. I don't know if it's a bug with IE7 or a bug with me. I sent an email in to Microsoft but still no word yet on how to fix it.

Explorer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
I have experienced something unusual myself with IE7. I downloaded it the first day I could and everything has run great. The characters showed up and it really worked flawlessly. Recently though the characters have reverted back to the "boxes" Nothing has changed on my system, all the language fonts are still installed. I don't know if it's a bug with IE7 or a bug with me. I sent an email in to Microsoft but still no word yet on how to fix it.

It's a bug in IE7 and should be fixed by the time the final version comes out in the summer. Microsoft is known for its bugs and the first IE was horrible and couldn't even be compared to Netscape. But 4 years or so later....you know how it ended.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Explorer said:
It's a bug in IE7 and should be fixed by the time the final version comes out in the summer. Microsoft is known for its bugs and the first IE was horrible and couldn't even be compared to Netscape. But 4 years or so later....you know how it ended.

That's good to know. I was banging my head trying to figure out what I did to not get it to work right as everything had worked fine previously. That could be a big problem for idn owners if it isn't fully functional at go time.

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been using IE7 for weeks with no problems. Make sure you don't have the i-nav plugin installed. If you do, you need to disengage it for the browser.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As Edwin mentioned near the top, it is the FONTS you have on your computer and not a plugin. I downloaded the language packs for IE6 and the IDN's display correctly, but I have not tried to bring them up in the address bar.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can someone post the links where all the language packs are please... if it's in one location that is.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom