Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

"PM SENT" type replies no longer allowed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
*This thread was copied here from the original thread created in the Gold Forum - Domains Wanted Area to continue discussion*

Please familiarize yourself with the rules before posting. "PM Sent", "Anyone else", "Still looking", etc ... type bumps by the thread starter or thread responder are not allowed.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=123497

Thanks

Upvote 0

Axioma

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JEsports said:
In your PM box, you can select "Sent" messages. If you have a problem remembering who you pm'd ... it should be in your sent box. If you want to Subscribe to the thread ... Then click on "Thread Tools" in the upper right hand corner and select Subscribe.

I'm sorry but I just WON'T go search every PM to see if I already replied, since it's SO EASY to just take a glance at the thread and notice if I already replied. I simply will not do it, period. Thread subscription works when I'm keeping an eye on a thread, not to remind me if I already responded to it or not (and I hate multi-page thread subscriptions). I'm not being rude here, I'm just letting you know of a habit I KNOW I won't change, specially when I do that every single day on every single board I'm a regular at. In other words, you just made your board user unfriendly. Take this as feedback, not as confrontation.

Just an example; in Domains wanted, there are LOTS of '3 char .(whatever extension) wanted'. I'm used to reply to those asking exclusively for a PM and making a 'PM Sent' post afterwards, to keep track. Next time I open the Domains Wanted section I'll know which threads I've replied to Instantly. I'm used as a consumer to let the goods and services providers know when they take a turn for the worst or when I feel it affects me negatively. It's their choice to listen or not to me if my complaint is an isolated issue, or to take a corrective measure if they get enough feedback. I don't expect, say, Nestle to come to my door and punish me or call me to insult me or disregard my opinion, and I don't expect that to happen here.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
continued from my last post above:

as in...you should now just PM him without posting "PM sent"...but you are right as in if you did not do so then it might affect the response from others about your sale...like I said before.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the example listed ... If anyone wants to make a counter offer, they will do so. The post tekz used is a bump tactic and is an example of posts that are not allowed.

If tekz were to have posted something like ... "Current offer is $3,000 ... will consider if no higher offer is received" ... That would be permissable as he added new and useful information to the post.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thats unfair imo

but proves my point perfectly..whatever...I'm not getting warning points over this..lol

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
if you say so
I THOUGHT you understood it finally, but ...

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Axioma said:
I'm sorry but I just WON'T go search every PM to see if I already replied, since it's SO EASY to just take a glance at the thread and notice if I already replied. I simply will not do it, period. Thread subscription works when I'm keeping an eye on a thread, not to remind me if I already responded to it or not (and I hate multi-page thread subscriptions). I'm not being rude here, I'm just letting you know of a habit I KNOW I won't change, specially when I do that every single day on every single board I'm a regular at. In other words, you just made your board user unfriendly. Take this as feedback, not as confrontation.

That's fine ... No one said you had to search your PM box, however it is you who mentioned you had a problem of remembering who you PM'd an offer too and who you didnt. I was just proposing a suggestion to help you look it up without having to jot it down on paper.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
I THOUGHT you understood it finally, but ...

what does that mean, was that a bump?

rdmedia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why is it not allowed to bump threads? I can imagine if someone does so 3 or 4 times but I find it favorable to allow at least one bump. The "merger/doublepost" option already ensures it doesn't happen in a certain timeframe but otherwise I think it should be allowed at least once, not everyone is online at all time so it is good to bump it a few days later to reach some fresh eyes. All in all that is the goal of this forum, to efficiently sell and buy names.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
what does that mean, was that a bump?

Mocus, if you are going to cry and act like a baby over this all day ... I suggest you find a playground.

GodBlessYou

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol man. I think people are taking these bumps far out of context. You already have a 24 hour post wait unless someone else posts before you.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rdmedia said:
Why is it not allowed to bump threads? I can imagine if someone does so 3 or 4 times but I find it favorable to allow at least one bump. The "merger/doublepost" option already ensures it doesn't happen in a certain timeframe but otherwise I think it should be allowed at least once, not everyone is online at all time so it is good to bump it a few days later to reach some fresh eyes. All in all that is the goal of this forum, to efficiently sell and buy names.

This has already been discussed ... please read up

thanks

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JEsports said:
Mocus, if you are going to cry and act like a baby over this all day ... I suggest you find a playground.

wow, excuse me for being active in this thread I feel strongly about, I would'nt want to have a valid point or anything or participate in the
"suggestions, comments, or questions" thread here..
that might be bumping too..we would'nt want that...why was this thread moved here if it's not negotiable and we can't debate it?

GodBlessYou

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow, this is a question thread right? I would also suggest that the "moderator" takes back the remark
Mocus, if you are going to cry and act like a baby over this all day ... I suggest you find a playground
its just gonna start a world war here.

T

tekz999

I also think "pm sent" is important. The reason for this is not double notification. But to gain awareness to the public that the seller has contacted a specific potential buyer for sales. This in returns, will attract more buyers for participation in discussion.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I respect the mods 100% here and I mean that.
...but let's not forget who makes this site go round and round...it's US the members...without us there is no money or sales or posts so I think our input should count for something and we should'nt have to feel like we are gonna get points or get "in trouble" or ridiculed for speaking up in the appropriate forum post..which is here.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
wow, excuse me for being active in this thread I feel strongly about, I would'nt want to have a valid point or anything or participate in the
"suggestions, comments, or questions" thread here..
that might be bumping too..we would'nt want that...why was this thread moved here if it's not negotiable and we can't debate it?

That is correct ... it is for discussion/debate here. You are just adding childish behavior.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok well obviously if we play whos got more pull here you are going to win hands down, but i think my posts so far in this thread have been well informed and professional. ???
You are just adding childish behavior.

where?

I just think this is going to hurt us the members overall and I care..please don't take it the wrong way...I am but a piece of sand in the sandbox.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tekz999 said:
Sigh, lets make a poll, and majority wins?
I honestly don't think it will work.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I vote for a recount..maybe Adam in his infinite wisdom will find a happy medium like he seems to have a knack for...trust in our DCG.

whats that old saying? "if it ain't broke..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom