Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Poll: Favorite Registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no, I don't get my kicks looking at Danica's legs. But, overall, I have had great service with my Account Exec, Jon. It is damn sweet to call and have someone actually pick up the phone. And with their aggressive promotions and discounts, it is hard to beat them.

Moniker is a non-factor to me since the sale. Enom sucks from top to bottom. 1and1=zeroPLUSzero. Dynadot is okay. EUROdns is a joke to get service.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Danica IS NOT SEXY!

At least in her own words. ;)

[video=youtube;K4lzRgNUkaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4lzRgNUkaw[/video]

Wouldnt you rather see Bob Parsons in a speedo hunting elephant?

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Looks like someone is having fun with their new Poll plug-in... Enjoy.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hardly new, Raider. The first DomainGang poll was in December 2009 and have since implemented more than 125 polls in DomainGang posts.

Now it's a daily feature/post of its own. You should read it :D

Cyger

Michael Cyger, Publisher of DNAcademy.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why is NameSilo not listed, Acro? I interviewed one of their co-founders a week ago and they're a breath of fresh air. Anyone here try them before?

Last edited by a moderator:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Why is NameSilo not listed, Acro? I interviewed one of their co-founders a week ago and they're a breath of fresh air. Anyone here try them before?

I didn't list any of the second-tier Registrars, why would I list a third-tier? That's what "Other" is for.

Cyger

Michael Cyger, Publisher of DNAcademy.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't list any of the second-tier Registrars, why would I list a third-tier?

What's your definition of "second tier" and "third tier"? Is it gut feel, friends/associates, or do you classify them by number of domain names under management?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What's your definition of "second tier" and "third tier"? Is it gut feel, friends/associates, or do you classify them by number of domain names under management?

It's definitely not NameSilo. And as you've noticed, Moniker isn't on the list either. The popular registrars are already there.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tell me what registrars answer the phone as well as godaddy? And respond to email as well?

Tell me what registrar has better security than godaddy DTVS?

Half of the registrars out there, at least, are so bizarrely bad in their UI that I cannot find how to unlock or get an Auth code. Maddening!

Moniker is weak. Enom seems solid but their email forwarding is problematic and may filter some email - I have a ticket open there, its been 2 weeks and they still cannot figure it out. I have a domain there at enom with email forwarding, and it works if i test it but enom is not forwarding godaddy emails - that seems pretty bad to me.

Fabulous seems very limited in features. I find it hard to use for bulk updates.

Netsol sucks badly, always has, and very likely always will. Dont ever use Netsol.

Kevin

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
While we're on the subject of NameSilo: Total Domains: 3,238
I'd have a 50% stake in the company if my domains were there.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While we're on the subject of NameSilo: Total Domains: 3,238
I'd have a 50% stake in the company if my domains were there.

maybe the owner of n-silo, is the owner of most of those :)

i've been with enom since 2002 and probably had to call them 3-4 times

i have less than 10 names at GD and they've called me more than i've called them

have bout 30 names at moniker and when bari was there..... :)

have a handful or two at fab and never had to call them.... they are the coolest dudes around

namecheap, got a couple there, never an issue

a couple at bigrock formerly answerable

a few at idotz.net

and some cctlds at eurodns and Freddie used to care of any issues there

fav is still enom, cuz it feels like home :)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I stopped calling Enom a long time ago after I was told I would need to contact my reseller, who never answered his email or phone. And when I approached my reseller on this forum, almost everything he wrote was a outright LIE, And then he managed to convince the mods to close the thread and settle via PM... Bottom line; RESELLER accounts SUCK.

And as far contacting Enom via the ticket system, You can explain your situation in the simplest of terms that even a child can understand and the reply will be a automated response that has absolutely nothing to do with my issue. And Godaddy is no different, they do the exact same thing.. Registrars who are too BIG are too usually too BiG to care. Bombarding you with products at checkout, well somebody has to pay for the Danica, her car and all those provocative commercials.

My register is Fabulous, No pun intended.

Recently I had a urgent need to call them and didn't realize until today they have a toll free # for US Residents, I'll know next time. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom