Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Poll - Samsung galaxy or iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill F.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Samsung is great, but Apple may successfully sue them out of the US. If you're elsewhere go for Samsung. The courts in other countries don't bend over so quickly to meet Apple demands. Samsung has better design, is cheaper,and doesn't try to lock you in to one company.

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you'll have to test both out to make a decision. I ended up with an iPhone & now wouldn't go back to Samsung.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Samsung is great, but Apple may successfully sue them out of the US. If you're elsewhere go for Samsung. The courts in other countries don't bend over so quickly to meet Apple demands. Samsung has better design, is cheaper,and doesn't try to lock you in to one company.
I have been reading updates that some of the results may be over turned. Plus, Samsung is suing Apple in the states.

With that said, the Galaxy III was high on the hit list of products to be banned in US, if the rulings stand.

The issue here is supposedly continued service BUT decreased functionality. Tech Crunch and WIRED have posted several articles on this. The decreased functionality could kill this phone as a MUST HAVE item. Those III's already in peoples hands may become as useful as a brick paperweight to make phone calls.

Samsung is fighting back but that, as you say, may be a mute point fighting Apple on their home turf in Cali.

If you are looking for a viable contender for the iPhone, look at the latest releases from HTC.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Getting my first smartphone.

i've asked these phones a few questions

and based upon the answers given

the evidence proves...

they are not so smart.

:)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Been using the Galaxy S III since August and have nothing but praising for it. Long LONG battery life. Large screen, fast processor, Android, mini USB, fast 4G on T-Mobile (Verizon is cool too). Get both a holster case and a 'cushion' case.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No one can use all the features from the Smart Phones.
It would take a Smart User to use the Smart Phone so I don't think one is better than the other one.
I have used both Android and Iphone and it's about your personal preferences.
Ask your self some questions:
- Do you current use any Apple product (Mac book, Ipod, Ipad...)
- Have you used any of the Android device before

1. In general. Iphone is easier to navigate and use without manual or Google so if you want to simplify your life and make your Boss happy then pick Iphone
2. If you have the patience and willing to explore something new then pick the Galaxy

It normally takes more time for an average person to find/use something on an Android device than Apple device.

Just my opinion - Good luck.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you have a Mac and Ipad.. go with the iphone. iCloud is pretty freakin' cool.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nobody ever talks about the phone reception, voice clarity, whether these smart azz phones ever drop calls, etc.

it's all about naving the gadgets

any reviews on that?

:)

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The area that I live in generally has poor signal, which meant calls dropped pretty frequently on my iPhone 3GS, however, I've had no calls dropped in the time I've had my iPhone 5 - the level of signal has improved too - from No Service/1 Bar on 3GS to 4-5 bars on the iPhone 5 - that's probably a combination of improved software and hardware.

Voice clarity seems to be pretty good too, thanks to the iPhone's multiple microphones.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i've never owned an iphone or any mac products aside from an ipod so i have little to compare it to but i like my galaxy s2. i always thought dropped calls were more the fault of the carrier than the phone itself though i've not had any personally but i use the phone more for texting and internet than phone calls.

Puckerhuddle

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would wait till early next year and see what the new Blackberry has to offer. I think that there is a good chance it may be impressive. With the declining market share that RIM has been dealing with they need a winner and they have not rushed a piece of shit into the market to try to fill the gap. Could be interesting.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I would never get a Blackberry, or a Motorola for that matter.

Bill F.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. In general. Iphone is easier to navigate and use without manual or Google so if you want to simplify your life and make your Boss happy then pick Iphone
2. If you have the patience and willing to explore something new then pick the Galaxy

I wonder about this point, because I don't see the iPhone as being all as intuitive as it's claimed to be. On the other hand, I had no troubles starting off with Android. Do you say this as an Apple user? If you are accustomed to the Apple interface, I could see iPhone being easier to learn. But for someone not at all familiar with Apple, I would suspect that the Galaxy might even be easier.

The Galaxy is also very popular in Japan, and the larger size on the Galaxy Note is a big plus for my deteriorating eyesight.

That said, I agree that if you're already locked into the Apple plantation, an iPhone would be much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom