Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Poll - Samsung galaxy or iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nobody ever talks about the phone reception, voice clarity, whether these smart azz phones ever drop calls, etc.

it's all about naving the gadgets

any reviews on that?

:)

I start my day by going to the gym. I grab my iPhone and plug in my Bose headphones and jump in the car. My navigation boots up and my bluetooth connects; now my music has moved to my car stereo and paused in my headphones. I stop the car and the audio resumes in my headphones. I work out while streaming a custom radio channel with Pandora. I hop back in my car to enjoy the same intuitive action.

Later that afternoon I'll eat lunch while reading on my iPad. Bam - a reminder pops up telling me that I have a meeting in fifteen minutes. I start the conversation through text on the tablet while I finish whatever I was doing. I turn on my Macbook Pro and instantly have every document I need. Thank you iCloud.

My contacts are universal, my reminders appear on whichever device I am currently using.

I have brand love.

I'd also like to note that every issue you mentioned is only truly relevant if we're discussing wireless services. It's 2012 - I can remotely fly a helicopter with my iPhone... is dropping calls really a relevant issue?

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blackberry has to offer
They have pretty much declared themselves to be out of the consumer market. I can not imagine how in the hell they can survive by declaring their consumer market dead and they will now focus solely on their business offerings. Really? They have something to offer businesses?

RIM is pretty much RIP.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No one can use all the features from the Smart Phones.
It would take a Smart User to use the Smart Phone so I don't think one is better than the other one.
I have used both Android and Iphone and it's about your personal preferences.
Ask your self some questions:
- Do you current use any Apple product (Mac book, Ipod, Ipad...)
- Have you used any of the Android device before

1. In general. Iphone is easier to navigate and use without manual or Google so if you want to simplify your life and make your Boss happy then pick Iphone
2. If you have the patience and willing to explore something new then pick the Galaxy

It normally takes more time for an average person to find/use something on an Android device than Apple device.

Just my opinion - Good luck.

I have both iphone and android phone. I like iphone much better. Navigation is easier.

I bought tablet and didn't like it much. i wish I had gotten an ipad. I haven't used ipad, but play with it. But it does seem that people who like iphone are more drawn to ipad.

I haven't use galaxy, so I can't comment either. but i can relate to the saying that if you like android, you like galaxy. so does that mean I will not like galaxy, since i don't like android? If so, then you should get an iphone.

Conclusion: If you used your wife's iphone, and you don't hate it, then go for the iphone.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd also like to note that every issue you mentioned is only truly relevant if we're discussing wireless services. It's 2012 - I can remotely fly a helicopter with my iPhone... is dropping calls really a relevant issue?

yes, dropping calls will always be relevant, when you expect reception at critical moment and can't get it.

like if you were flying in that helicopter, using your phone and the connection dropped.

i remember when "the number of bars" was the selling point for cellphones, the voice clarity, etc.

now, the apps, the maps, the gps'n, locate this, play or stream that, are the selling points.

so many things you can do with these devices

except, put them down or turn them off :)

they have become an extension of your ability to function, in the mobile world that's being designed for you.

when the device becomes the reminder, does that free brain space or make you dependant on the device to do it's job?

i see so many "consumed" with their s phones, always scrolling, checking, fingering and or thumbing.

they do it while eating, while walking, while driving

i'm just trying to fathom this "gotta have the next new device" generation

and excuse me please for taking this direction and asking such questions

but i need to know if ... resistance is really futile?

:rolleyes:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'm just trying to fathom this "gotta have the next new device" generation

and excuse me please for taking this direction and asking such questions

I understand. If it goes ring, ring and you can answer it, reception is clear, voice quality is great...and if you can dial a number and you connect with who you are calling and reception is clear, voice quality is great - then you have a good phone.

You have to view smart phones like a car. Originally cars came in one color - black. Then cars started evolving into what we know as standard features and options. Then as tech progressed and everyone started copying each other, those "options" became standard because everyone had them and everyone wanted them.

You can still get the basic flip phone, clam shell model that has wonderful reception and call quality. In fact, no matter what is offered that is the one phone my wife wants.

Smart phones are available in standard and options. And, like the car market, those options cost extra. But as one company releases a new feature, well everyone has to have it and it eventually becomes standard (like the free-market enterprise, competition is good for the consumer) and then everyone sits around until the "next big thing" is released.

So, there you are...sitting in your chair. The phone rings, you answer it. You need to make a call, you dial the number. Everything works fine. This is the simple one-solution-does-all model, and it does it well. But then someone wanted different colors and BOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM - the market changed to meet demand.

At a news conference once, Henry Ford was asked if his new Model-T was going to be offered in different colors. He said, "Sure, as long as it's black."

Innovation has come along way. Change is inevitable. Resistance is futile.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand.

You can still get the basic flip phone, clam shell model that has wonderful reception and call quality. In fact, no matter what is offered that is the one phone my wife wants.

Innovation has come along way. Change is inevitable. Resistance is futile.

i still have a flip phone, the verizon lg w/1.3 pixel camera with an extendable antenna

purchased it when they first came out

have dropped it at least 30 > 40 times since, pieces of it have broken off and it even fell in the toilet once.

maybe one day i'll be assimilated

but for now.... it keeps taking the lickings while it keeps on ticking

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to ditch my Blackberry Curve. What a piece of junk.

Will probably go with the Galaxy S3.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Question is; how long before it malfunctions where one or two keys stop working?, or it stops holding a charge after the first year? is it still a "good phone? I know I'm not the only one who tossed a Samsung or HTC smartphone in the garbage shortly after the first year, phones that did all of the above. And my Iphone 2 and Iphone4? bought them when they first came out and haven't had one single problem to date, When you buy a Apple product, your buying quality, and quality is NOT always measured by what a device can do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I needed that late Thursday laugh. :D Thanks, Raider.

A Satirist needs a laugh?.. That's a laugh of itself. :lol2:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I laughed because calling overpriced fanboi gadgets as "quality" is true comedy.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I don't think it is. I don't ever use my phone. I do however use my Macbook and iPad everyday. The fact is I have everything I need for my business on EVERY device I own. It's a pretty sweet deal when you are always on the go. 2 years ago I hated Apple and now I'm a huge fan. Just give it a shot and you'll never go back.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think it is. I don't ever use my phone. I do however use my Macbook and iPad everyday. The fact is I have everything I need for my business on EVERY device I own. It's a pretty sweet deal when you are always on the go. 2 years ago I hated Apple and now I'm a huge fan. Just give it a shot and you'll never go back.
I like Apple. But at the moment I like Android. Syncing up products is extremely easy as well.

Android was offering numerous FREE services that Apple was charging for. For instance, I had GPS with spoken directions and FREE WiFi hotspot on the Nexus 1 phone. This was back in Jan 2010 ( that's like a decade in tech world). Everyone else was charging for these services. And, if memory serves me correctly, neither was available as an option on the iPhone. At the time, that made the buying decision easier. Plus, avoiding the outrageous complicated fee structure ATT had with the iphone.

Does that mean I will not buy Apple? On the contrary. I am going to check out the new iPads. And nothing captures my attention more than the 27" Mac. That product is a thing of beauty and a work of art. And I don't want a 27" touchscreen like some other makers are offering. Who wants a working station with a bunch of fingerprints and smudges on it?

I am also very intrigued by products like the new Samsung Chromebook. A new one has come out. I am just not sure I am quite ready for everything to reside on a cloud server rather than having something manual to control. The new Dell XPS 13Z is like that...no disc drive, extremely thin and light. It was just weird not having a discdrive.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
another big issue with the Apple vs. Samsung case is the Samsung makes a great deal of the components that go into the iPhone, iPad, etc. That is perhaps the biggest reason why Samsung products initially resembled Apple offerings. Now, with the two at battle...Samsung is going to (or already has) stopped shipping components to Apple factories.

Obviously, the entire Apple v Samsung thing is not over.

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ive had both and Samsung Galaxy 3 by a long way

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom