Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Pool and auth codes

• Thread starter Deleted member 5660
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 5660

I have lost track of how many years this has gone on and how many Internic.net complaints I have filed but thge situation is getting worse. Just about every single domain that goes through Pool gets locked and cannot be transferred out for one reason or another. The support from their registrars such as NameScout keeps sending the same nonsense responses and they never send the auth code until I send 4 or 5 complaints to the legal department and/or ICANN contacts them.

When you go get the auth code it is either not avaiable via the web interface or you get the code as "ERROR". then when you contact support they come up with excuses not to send the code to the admin contact. The most common one is "mail-from" 'authtenication.' This was the system used in 1995 by Network Solutions back when it was easy to hijack a domain. Of course anyone can put anything in the "mail-from" field so it has nothing to do with security. I was assured last year that the personnel have been trained to correct that (Which they did not). Now they even send out a message claiming that the domain registrant must remove alises from their whois records! They know full well all they need to do is send the auth code to the admin contact e-mail but they find excuses not to do it and there is always something wrong with the web interface system.

One of their registrars (DomainRegistry.com) even told me I was now not allowed to change the admin contact and that they were not going to e-mail the auth code to the admin contact. They finally sent it after they were contacted by ICANN.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Keyword,

The way Namescout has responded to you is not consistent with thier internal policy and direction. I am not sure where the disconnect occurred but normally the standard email response they have setup for this type of situation gives the customer detailed steps on how to retrieve the auth code from within their account using the web interface. Normally they ask them to do that first and if they're having problems doing so for some reason they should send the auth code routinely to the admin contact on file.

I have PM'ed you as well with the same response as above. I have been advised by the Namescout CS Manager that the auth code was emailed to the amdin contact email address earlier today.

If you still have issues, please get in touch with me directly.

[email protected]

Thanks, and I apologixe for the inconvenience.
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom