Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Pool.com Adds Bidder ID's to its Auction System!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In response to customer feedback, Pool.com is thrilled to announce a new feature to our Proxy Auction System. Effective May 3, 2005, all Pool.com auction participants will be recognized by their very own Bidder ID! Your Bidder ID is a unique name used to identify yourself during a Pool.com auction. This feature will greatly increase the auction transparency that you have been asking for!

For more information about Bidder ID's, such as guidelines for the selection of a Bidder ID, please visit our FAQ's at http://www.pool.com/help/FAQ.aspx#BidderID.

We appreciate your business and thank you for sending us your feedback. We strongly value your opinions and are open to all suggestions you may have as it allows us to serve you better. Please send us your comments to [email protected].

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just love how they are "thrilled." Boy, I'm sure it was such a difficult task.

What would be really "thrilling" is if they snapped one of my names that I've asked them to.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
One day too late; the auctions I participated are already shilled.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they got rid of the confusing and crappy bidding system, now going to display bidder id's... and they go head to head with snapnames/enom everyday when it comes to the good names.. so, they are right up there... they have quiet a history but whether you like it or not -- they are right back in the game.. but we will see as only time will tell... i hope they keep things simple and don't try to pull any more surprises.. they learned their lessons already :cheeky:

D

Deleted member 4749

I think this is just another twist of their scam and nothing will make me believe otherwise.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They banned me without reason (because I say bad things about them here).

I catch 1-3 names a day using the other guys. Since I got banned about two months ago, I have not lost ONE SINGLE domain name to Pool.

So, my reaction to the Pool news is:

So, who cares? The Pool is empty.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only reason they made the changes is because Snapnames and Enom are attracting most of the bidders.
More bidders, more money.

If the same name was being auctioned off at Pool and Snapnames. And, the Pool site
had 3 people bidding. And, Snapnames had 10 people bidding. The domain would sell at
Snapnames for 2 to 3 times the Pool price.

Pool has a history of questionable "back office" activity. I doubt nothing has changed there.

Pool has a history of questionable and even dishonest registrars. We know nothing has changed.

Last week, we saw where Snapnames notified everyone bidding of a potential TM issue.
Snapnames also phoned one DNF member to notify him of the problem. And, they also
visited our site to make follow up comments. Do you really think Pool would do that?
Pool's approach is "you are on your own".

Bidding on a name at Pool is like bidding on eBay. I prefer doing business with professionals with integrity.

"Never say never". Therefore, I will say - you will not find me using them very often.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
The only reason they made the changes is because Snapnames and Enom are attracting most of the bidders.
More bidders, more money.

If the same name was being auctioned off at Pool and Snapnames. And, the Pool site
had 3 people bidding. And, Snapnames had 10 people bidding. The domain would sell at
Snapnames for 2 to 3 times the Pool price.

Pool has a history of questionable "back office" activity. I doubt nothing has changed there.

Pool has a history of questionable and even dishonest registrars. We know nothing has changed.

Last week, we saw where Snapnames notified everyone bidding of a potential TM issue.
Snapnames also phoned one DNF member to notify him of the problem. And, they also
visited our site to make follow up comments. Do you really think Pool would do that?
Pool's approach is "you are on your own".

Bidding on a name at Pool is like bidding on eBay. I prefer doing business with professionals with integrity.

"Never say never". Therefore, I will say - you will not find me using them very often.

Very well said.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How quiant of them! :rolleyes: A bit too little, a LOT too late!

How funny it is now that Pool was the powerhouse with all the money, all the names & behind it all the previous Snapnames CEO? .... is now envious of what Snapnames has.. your dreams of over-taking snapnames were very short lived.

Heres a tip Pool..... make these changes (bidder ID's, remove "challenger auctions") when your customers ask for them..... not once all your customers leave over your ignornance, poor customer service, crappy registrars (the list can go on & on..).. & then you implement them to try & get some of the customers back cause you're not making enough cash anymore!

Act Now made a VERY good post.. I suggest you make your staff read it over & over again... especially top management..... that's what people like.... good helful customer service that actually CARE about their customers & are not trying to screw them whereever possible..... Snapnames gained big points in my book over that warning they issued about the possible TM name act now was referring to above.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sad to admit but: Pool 5 - Snapnames 2 for me in the last 30 days.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone else at Pool or are you chasing the name yourself. Maybe Snap 5 and Pool 0 if you did not put Pool against Snap.

I have not lost a single domain to Pool since they banned me so I am not missing anything. They are missing my money which is the way I like it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Sad to admit but: Pool 5 - Snapnames 2 for me in the last 30 days.

Pool 8 - Snapnames 2

TrafficNames

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actully pool is affordable.watever u buy has 2-3 times value at the same time, but snap has higher prices and it hasn;t much potential for selling at the same time.i bought names at pool and could sell 3 times after a week.anyway : pool 6 Snap 2

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Snap's and Pool's pricing is the same. But Pool has been getting me names - it's funny getting the "Congratulations! You have won domains" from Pool and at the same time receive the "registration attempt for xxxx.com has failed" from Snapnames.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Theo,

If you are going to continiously clap how great they are at catching.

Should we look forward to your crying how much trouble you are having with
managing the names?

I try to learn from my mistakes. I will only use them when I really have to catch a
specific domain. Which, is rare.

Otherwise, I will continue to accept Godaddy's, Enom and Snapnames failures.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I haven't had any trouble managing domains, since Pool has booted off registrars that were truly bad responding and providing account information. For domains that are acquired at the minimum $60 price, the financial risk is minimal. For domains that involve greater financial risk and competing with other bidders, the answer is simple: don't bid right away & do so after the WHOIS info has propagated; this way you can see which registrar grabbed the domain and what is their history of customer support.

For the record, the only Pool registrar that I had trouble with was Galcomm.

What's the point of not getting a domain you wanted? You can cry now, it's ok :-D

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Radistar, I'm not criticizing you for using them.

I just think the management at Pool has a one sided approach of doing business.
I believe the company philosophy and business ethics stem totally from Rob Hall.

I really don't want to do business with a company where the approach is
once they have your money. They don't need to know you.

This should be their motto "You are on your own".

Theo, I know if I buy a domain from you. I know for a fact, You will go the extra mile
to make sure I didn't have any problems.

Pool takes the opposite approach.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Come on, I am just adding a little spice to get things rolling on a boring Saturday evening (even though I'm working on some designs at the same time) :-D

You're right about that - that's why I eventually consolidate all my domains and move them out as soon as the 60 day waiting period is over. Why did ICANN impose that waiting period in the first place?

I had to yell at Pool for the Galcomm incident, and I was *this* close to filing a chargeback and waving goodbye at them; however they did put pressure on Galcomm and was able to manage my domain - and later on to pull it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom