Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Pool.com SUCKS - How to get work with Pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have won a few domains at Pool; but not many. They dont catch a lot. No matter, you just order at all the of the drop catchers and hope.

But when I do get a domain via Pool it is quite a hassle. They send an email that the domain is caught, and then nothing else comes. I checked my spam folder too. I won a domain; and they dont tell me to access it.

In the Pool control panel you can see the name of the registrar. In my case the most recent domain this is happening with is at the registrar BigNames. Pool does not even show the URL for the registrar. Bignames is not at Bignames.com, so you google it. I found the registrar but have no way to login.

Wrote to pool a couple times now. It takes days for them to respond. its really not a very good service and I do not recommend Pool.com.

By comparison, Namejet and Snapnames are very professional and more timely. They have more information overall in the site, and they have very informative emails. Too many at times - up to 4 emails for winning one domain - but at least you can access it.

Very frustrating.

Kevin

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sadly Pool won over Snapnames for a domain I tried to grab recently; usually the opposite happens.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find I get many names at Pool.

-=DCG=-

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
typically all their names no matter what the registrar go your namescout.com account. check there.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That was years ago, now they all end up at domainsatcost.ca

-=DCG=-

typically all their names no matter what the registrar go your namescout.com account. check there.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pool is not the worst in the world, just not as good as they could be. I was frustrated when I started this thread. But I have a lot of luck with Namejet so often now, I only put names in at namejet. Pool could be better.

Why do we have this problem of multipe drop catchers? We ought to be able to go to one site, and put in the order. we can still go to whatever destination site that actually catches the domain. If catching is how they have success then why not make the order process more global? Who is hurt by that? To me, there will probably be more bidders for any given domain. But I would still prefer to have just one site to place the orders in. Time is our most precious commodity...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Q: Pool.com SUCKS - How to get work with Pool?
A: Be equally inept, offer very little in the form of cordial customer service, and deal with shady registrars that are essentially Directi resellers in south Central Asia.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This happened once a long time ago with a name won at a particular registrar. Not only did we pay to renew the domain at that registrar directly after 1 year (and yes the billing went through) but the no-name registrar dropped the domain anyway (fraud). I can't say I have ever run into these problems with registrars that catch for NameJet and Snapnames, though I'm sure each registrar has their problems. This is what happens when you're dealing with multiple different tiny registrars, each operated individually with some in compliance with ICANN and others ignoring it.. it would be much easier if the major drop-catchers made each catching registrar automatically transfer each caught name to one central registrar before they get paid.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Simple: as soon as the lockdown period of 60 days passes, immediately transfer the domain out; if you wait for renewal time chances are that you will be screwed.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why do we have this problem of multipe drop catchers? We ought to be able to go to one site, and put in the order. we can still go to whatever destination site that actually catches the domain. If catching is how they have success then why not make the order process more global? Who is hurt by that? To me, there will probably be more bidders for any given domain. But I would still prefer to have just one site to place the orders in. Time is our most precious commodity...
Yeah it's called Verisign WLS
NO thanks.

http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/3319431/New+Lawsuit+Hits+VeriSign+and+ICANN.htm

jmcc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That brings back memories - nightmares mainly. :) Pool.com was one of the early movers in the industrial scale dropcatching but the problem for it and for Snapnames is that such monopolies in an early market don't last for long. Other larger registrars started their own dropcatching/auctioning services. Not sure how many registrars are just dropcatcher front companies but the ICANN stats would identify them easily since they have a completely different registration/transfer pattern to that of an ordinary registrar.

Regards...jmcc

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FWIW - I have ghad no problem with pool.com in the last 3 years.

-=DCG=-

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The delay in sending log-in info to customers has been going on since Pool opened their doors. The OP cant tell me he didn't know this before placing the back order, Yeah, it's sucks, but what are you going to do? All the complaining isn't going to change it, it's been done repeatedly on this forum. And now that Pool doesn't have the volume that it once had and has likely cut their staff, it's going to be even harder for them to improve on it.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FWIW - I have ghad no problem with pool.com in the last 3 years.

-=DCG=-

Adam,

I won a domain at Pool on 12/25. I got a notice I had won and it says the registrar with the domain will email me with instructions. But I get no other emails about this domain. I checked my spam folder too. This happens to me over and over at pool.

How can I know how to login and how to transfer or push the domain if they dont give instructions? Namejet and Snapnames are much better. I rarely put a backorder in now at Pool. Its just so frustrating.

I dont get it.

Kevin

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All pool domains go to domainsatcost.ca to manage but you need to create an account their and then call them to connect your drops to that account.

Adam

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The last time Pool caught a domain for us we didn't get any instructions either.
I looked at the whois and the registrar was Namescout.
The domain was in the Namescout account where previous catches had been allocated.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All pool domains go to domainsatcost.ca to manage but you need to create an account their and then call them to connect your drops to that account.

Adam

The control panel says domainsatcost.ca but it seems to be namescout.

I have an account, and I see its in there. I had forgotten it would be there. But its still frustrating, because their email specifically says that another email will be sent with instructions - but it never is. And I have written to them about this but they dont update the vergbiage in their initial email. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom