Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Pool.com win notification 5 months later????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A couple of days ago I got the usual Pool.com email notifying me that they successfully acquired a domain for me.

This was for a secondary TLD of a domain I've held for years.

At first I did not recall placing a bid for it any time recently. So I shrugged it off thinking, what the heck, I got it at only $60.

The following day I get the registrar email with access codes etc. So I spend a bit more time trying to determine when exactly did I place a backorder on it. It turns out that the successful backorder does not appear in the daily filter of 1, 2 or even 30 days. It only came up when I selected "all".

So I check the WHOIS and it shows that registration date is April 1st, 2007.

Is this some kind of a joke?

I have a cinch that the domain was won by a non-paying bidder and I was 2nd on the list, having bid only $60 for it.

So now Pool holds the domain, parking it at their DNS servers etc. monetizing it for 5 months and eventually decides I am the winner?

Be VERY WEARY when using Pool. I would recommend using Snapnames and Club Drop instead.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I check the WHOIS and it shows that registration date is April 1st, 2007.

Is this some kind of a joke?

Could be a late April Fools joke :D

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could it be that the domain was caught by a taster, tasted over and again then released and pool finally attempted to grab it back ?
But 5 months is way late...

Argie

InteractiveWork.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't use Pool, they s**k. Snapnames is the best (or at least the only one that i've used and never had a problem with them)

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't use Pool, they s**k. Snapnames is the best (or at least the only one that i've used and never had a problem with them)
Question -- How can you claim that Pool sucks when Snapnames is the only one you've used?

Please enlighten me.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL LB :)

Anyone that catches the domain your after is good enough...provided they treat you well of course.

Argie

InteractiveWork.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry Lord Brar, i made a mistake expressing myself. Next time i'll try to do it better.

Let me see if i can enlighten you...

I've used both, Pool and Snapnames.

What i ment was that Snapnames is the one that never gave me any troubles. Pool, on the other hand, has giving me nothing but headaches, including charging me for 2 succesfull backorders more than 10 times exceding my monthly CC budget causing me a lot of troubles with services that i pay with my CC every month automaticaly. It took me more than 2 months to fix the problem, and thanks to me, not to pool, if it were for them, i'd still be waiting for my money...

So that's why POOL SUCKS (allong with other reasons you can find here on DNF and other Domain Forums)... just my two cents

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It could be a lot worse. A few years back, I registered a domain at Register.com.
Almost 6 months later when it was fully developed and making money, register.com took it away from me. They claimed that an internal audit revealed a guy in Japan beat me to the name by 2/100's of a second and they had to take it back from me right away and give it to him.

I moved the hundreds of domains I had with them the next week. Horrible, horrible people.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry Lord Brar, i made a mistake expressing myself. Next time i'll try to do it better.

Let me see if i can enlighten you...

I've used both, Pool and Snapnames.

What i ment was that Snapnames is the one that never gave me any troubles. Pool, on the other hand, has giving me nothing but headaches, including charging me for 2 succesfull backorders more than 10 times exceding my monthly CC budget causing me a lot of troubles with services that i pay with my CC every month automaticaly. It took me more than 2 months to fix the problem, and thanks to me, not to pool, if it were for them, i'd still be waiting for my money...

So that's why POOL SUCKS (allong with other reasons you can find here on DNF and other Domain Forums)... just my two cents
Gotcha! I've never used pool or snapnames but was planning on using them. I guess I am better following the current strategy that I am. :p I don't want to give the makers of Aspirin some extra business. Heh

@BELLC1 -- Wow! That is JUST Plain shocking. I'd hate that happening to me -- EVER!

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pool plays games with .ca drops as well. Taking days or weeks to get back to you on domains you won. Their shady pool of registrars takes days to respond to any changes. I've just plain stopped using them because of this. I lose out on some domains but so what.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No response from Pool so far. The registrar used is Germany-based Secura.

Here's their info email:

Order Details
Order ID: 99*****
Domain Name: ****.***
No of Years: 1
Expiry Date: Mon Mar 31 23:59:59 GMT 2008

I guess to them "1" year started 1 second before April 1, 2007 and yet Pool hands it over 5 months later.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The drop game seems to grow more fungus by the day.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm gonna get to the bottom of this.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone that catches the domain your after is good enough...provided they treat you well of course.

I agree, I'd rather have these Auction services grabbing domains than them falling in the hands of greedy leaches like Buy Domains or Name Admin, who had Registrars grabbing domains exclusively for themselves, robbing the rest of us of the opportunity.

It was Pool.com that changed all that, but lets face it, they too have shown signs of greed, One only has to look back to what they did with that nonsense Sealed bid auction, pissed a lot of people off and exposed them for what they are.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
But the issue here is not whether they keep the names for themselves for good; it's that I am expected to keep a domain - that I might have lost interest in - just because 5 months after it was caught, Pool decides that I should get it because apparently the 1st bidder was disqualified. And I am supposed to swallow down the fact that I am paying the same fee regardless of the fact that the domain expires in 7 months!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Pool's explanation was that they failed to charge my card 5 times in succession when the domain was acquired. Then, the domain was placed in limbo and they were able to charge my card again on the latter date.

When I asked Pool why they never attempted to contact me during these 5 months via email or phone as listed in my account, their excuse was that there was a change in the personnel.

Bah, humbug.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Acroplex,

Sorry for my late entry into this thread, my name is Richard Schreier and I am the CEO at Pool.com. Sorry for the delays, however caused, in getting the domain to you. I will PM you in regards to your registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom