Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Pool.com win notification 5 months later????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks Richard, I have the official explanation from Pool and access to the domain, so there is nothing more to discuss.

While it was only a $60 domain, I'm a bit surprised that it was out of pure luck that Pool did not close my account for "non-payment" - all while I've spent several thousand dollars using Pool's service.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acroplex, closing accounts at Pool.com is an action that now should come to me before being implemented and I would definitely take into consideration account history and current circumstances etc. As the saying goes, "the buck stops here" and I'm committed to making sure we deal with customers fairly.

I will send you another PM as well.

Cheers

Richard

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's all good. Apparently this was an isolated incident but odd enough for me to talk about :D

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's refreshing to see things got resolved here. I find it very professional that the CEO of Pool.com, himself, came to this forum to clear up the problem.

+1 for Pool.

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of bizarre incidents that I've had with Pool:

1) I had placed a backorder on a domain which went to auction and had showed me as the winner with my initial $60 bid. Was I the only person in the auction? To add to that, it took almost two weeks for the name to transfer over to my account.

2) I had backordered a domain that was scheduled to drop, but it was unsuccessful, so I checked the WhoIs info, which showed that it was available to register. I went to GoDaddy, registered the name (.info), and saved myself $57.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alexander,

I can think of a couple of explanations... on your backorder that went to auction, you would have been the first person to place an order which means you were automatically set as the opening bid. There were other backorders which made it an auction but none of those people chose to bid more than $60.

The second example could be explained by the possibility that someone caught the domain in the drop and then let it go with the add/grace period. It would not show up in any way until you actually looked for the whois.

Cheers

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the typical notification?

If I have backorders placed and the expiration date has passed, but the backorders are still showing as active, when is the status of the domains? Have they been captured by pool? Am I to assume that the backorder was not successful? Did I win? Are the going to auction? Are they in limbo? Did Clark Kent father a child by Lois Lane or was Jimmy the real baby's daddy?

Prior to this, I have received some sort of notice regarding every domain I have backordered. But currently there are three just sitting there with no update or no notice received.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am still attending Pool.com because you can get sometimes cheap deals. Generally I bid lower on Pool than I would on Snapnames because I must discount for possibility I will not be able to transfer the domain. For example now I am loosing two domains total $700 from RGnames because I can not get access to it...

I would recommend to everyone delete all backorders once a month, otherwise you will get some big surprises later.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I am still attending Pool.com because you can get sometimes cheap deals. Generally I bid lower on Pool than I would on Snapnames because I must discount for possibility I will not be able to transfer the domain. For example now I am loosing two domains total $700 from RGnames because I can not get access to it...

I would recommend to everyone delete all backorders once a month, otherwise you will get some big surprises later.

I transfered a domain out of RGNames, based in Korea 3 years ago. I had to email them 5 times, each time notifying ICANN.

Here's the contact info that got me the job done:

http://www.R.co.kr
http://www.rgnames.com

Wooho T&C PlanningTeam
TEL : +82-2-576-5678
FAX : +82-2-572-5416
Email : [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:

I just learned that lesson over the past week.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pool plays games with .ca drops as well. Taking days or weeks to get back to you on domains you won. Their shady pool of registrars takes days to respond to any changes. I've just plain stopped using them because of this. I lose out on some domains but so what.

agreed, the registrars they use when you catch a .ca are nothing but trouble...

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the "bad" experience in .CA comes from as Pool.com has full control of all the .CA registrars we use. elivate, I would love to hear more about the specifics... can you provide me with more detail? [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom