Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

pool Domain Marketplace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi anyone used this new pool thing?

i have manged to get a name for a lot less than their $60 intial outlay,
i did not backorder it oringally, as its not worth the 60 to me..when it dropped.(i had a $20 bid on namewinner but of courese they did not get it)

but saw it on their Domain Marketplace on friday, so got it..

how long do they take after you ahve paid for the detials to be sent to you all they say is login into pool and look under Auctions & Purchases tab but can't seem to find, it... iam i just thick as a garage wall , or is there system in its infancy..

thanks

wilco

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought 28 domains a few days ago and still have no login information on 27 of them. Wrote support but no reply. I know others whose experience has been the same.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks duke, glad (well you know what i mean) that its not just me..
lets hope that next week brings some joy... and they sort it out...

wilco

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think those of us who listed or purchased in the first several weeks are basically beta testers working the bugs out.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat with Duke. I am still waiting for access to the names I purchased.

The first couple days they had a couple "ok" names. But, I haven't seen anything I
want since.

Checking the names that I bought. A lot of them are registrars that I haven't dealt with before. That is a bad sign.

Kazam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It does look like "it's" going to change allot of how, and how much names are bought for, I think.

vivnet

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've picked up 4 or 5 names through Pool - this is after I lost out by other means on some names I wanted. $60 is a steep price but I have to say I have never lost one drop through them. The problem is you get an e-mail 1 or 2 days after they have secured the name - Pool then gives you the details - advises you who the registrar is and the login info - Problem is, it's a different registrar each time and the login info is different and impossible to remember each time. You have to have a good system in order to know where the names are - and not forget to log on to the site to manage your names. Transferring the names to enom or other registrars is sometimes a problem - either the new registrar says it's too early to transfer or there's a lock or some other B.S. thing. Bottom line: If you really want the name and are willing to pay $60 and the hassle then it's worth it - especially if you are securing it for an end-user.
Hope this helps :)

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
got this from pool support:

You should receive information within 24-48 hours from the registrar managing the domains on how to access and manage both domains, if you have not already received this information.

sadly i have not... but will contact them again later

wilco

vivnet

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wilco - If it's of any consolation - they have always followed through for me -sometimes it took longer than others. First, I was notified that I won the domain and the registrar would be in touch. The registrar did subsequently contact me and send me the login instructions to manage the name (s). Pool doesn't always use the same registrar (from my experience it has never been an enom or a godaddy or a dotster type registrar) - and transfering is always a pain. We are so used to instant pushes here at DNForum that I think we are a bit spoiled. Pool doesn't act as fast as we do but at least they deliver. (in my case that is) So just be patient..... I know it's hard when we are used to seeing a name in our account the moment we post SOLD Good Luck!

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes i suppose, we are a bit spoiled, I will just to to realise that the rest of the business world does not do great business and support like DNF people! :-D

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2 of my names have appearded... with namescout, so no problems there in fact one of them took 24 hours exactly,

the other two are still in limbo.. one with directi.com and other with domainname.com

cheers
wilco

sellinbiz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did anyone catch what hxq.com sold for in the pool marketplace? I'm curious what kind of prices we can expect for three letter .com's in the marketplace.

Manu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I placed my domain to be sold on the market place, and today without any confirmation I see someone else trying to sell the same name on various forums - it seems the default namescout whois details changed to an individual and they are now trying to sell off the domain (o0.net)
I received no confirmation the domain had received an offer nor did I receive any funds towards the domain yet the whois seems to have been updated on the 21st May and it is being offered by someone else for sale (even here http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=55717) If you do place any domains for sale make sure to keep an eye on them from slipping through.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Manu said:
I placed my domain to be sold on the market place, and today without any confirmation I see someone else trying to sell the same name on various forums .

So, how did they get control?

Are hijackers just bombarding prime names. And, did Manu authorize the change
thinking he was authorizing it to NameScout for the marketplace sale?

Or, are they securing access and control thru a hole at NameScout?

If NameScout doesn't solve this problem immediately. No one with a high
quality name (or any domain) would release control to them.

This is a very serious problem!

Manu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I transferred the domain into namescout - the first time it didnt go through as the domain seemed to be locked so I had to email over a pool.com representative to re initiate the transfer - after clicking the link as you mentioned it transferred over to namescout and the whois details on file changed to the default namescout one.

I initially offered the domain elsewhere for sale and someone else reported that the domain was being offered by someone else as well - to my surprise I checked the whois for the domain and it was now in the name of an individual and not the default namescout details - the domain is still at namescout so I'm guessing the domain has been paid for via the pool.com marketplace and this might even be a legitimate sale, but I did not receive any informaiton from pool.com that my domain had been sold nor it had been transferred over into someone else's control.
My question is to the seller - how much will you be selling the domain for as only you and I know the price you brought it for, and if you sell it for less then the price you brought it that raises even further questions does it not?
I'll await pool / namescout's responses.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I won a few domains with pool and namescout a few months ago and the whois showed someone else althought the domains were in my account. Namescout is full of bugs... or is it Pool?

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The auction on my 2 domains that I listed for sale has ended with at least one bid on each (not sure about the final details). The Whois has updated, and the auctions have disappeared from my Domain Marketplace tab on Pool...

... however, there's no information I can find about how much the auctions ended at, nor indeed any indication concerning payment.

Is there a specific process on auction completion e.g. historic data updates within 24 hours, payment info updates within x days etc.? What should I be looking for?

Manu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My domain was sold a week ago, whois updated I wasnt informed that the domain actually sold, don't even know if payment has been sent as I have received nothing, emailing pool + namescout has got me nowhere so far.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ridiculous, good luck and keep us updated!

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had listed 4 domains in the marketplace.Two went without bids, and they don't seem to have any place to make them easy to relist free as the FAQ says can be done. I have a support request in on this.

One, RocknRoll.info had an $800 start (with previous offers of $500+ to me elsewhere), the other a $120 start. These were the platinum or gold listings, and I don't believe I got the promised exposure of front page rotations and hot list rotations in the first two weeks Marketplace went live. I think they just added these features in the last week.

One is still listed with a $60 start and $70 bid. (GasCompany.info) This one has half a day left to the end and maybe I'll see what happens when a sale actually takes place.

One is still on a "pending initiation of transfer" status for over 2 weeks now. I started a help ticket and after several days got a response that the domain can't be transferred because it had not been registered for at least 60 days (I forgot to check on that before listing). I'm told now that a form will be created (soon, but not now) that will allow a domain to be added to the auction without being transferred to namescout when it cannot be transferred for due to ICANN regulations. However, there will be no refunds and it will not include a renewal year when finally added.

I'd say there are still some kinks to work out, and unwritten features yet to be added. I'm a little dissappointed at the huge chunk of junk domains that were apparently added by namescout or registerfly as unclaimed or unpaid domains. It kind of damages the general quality of the names that usually go to auction there in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom