Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Pool "phase 2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mikess said:
The bids will never drop. In fact, they will and probably have been going up during the sealed process.

The minute you say it will never drop is usually a sign that it might happen.

And, WE don't have any knowledge on what is happening in the "sealed bid" process.

It will take some time for US to determine what is happening behind that "curtain".

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mikess said:
The bids will never drop. In fact, they will and probably have been going up during the sealed process. The others systems will soon follow. This whole auction system has gone way over what any average person with an average budget can get. Kind of makes you think the wls is not a bad idea at all.
I think Verisign should just hold a massive 3 hours auction daily on every domain that drops. Change the power from the registrars/dropcatcher to the evil registry :evil:

Hmm, actually, a 3 minute auction would be really cool. They could try and make it "unscriptable" so people would be only able to bid on a few names that day :)

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've had names make it into the second round today.

Everyone should just bid $60 in the sealed phase to send pool the message we don't like it.

You'll still make it to the second round, where bidding can proceed as normal!

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After seeing Nameable's posting. I checked my listing at Pool.

I have one into the second round. Big deal! The bidded price is higher than I am
willing to top anyway. So, they can have it.

At this moment, I only have 4 on the auction page. Two weeks ago (and anytime over the past year) I would normally have AT LEAST 20++ names in that section.

That tells me alot.

And, I will admit that I have bought MORE THAN 1,000 names from Pool.

I might be "small potato (s)" to Pool compared to their top 10 customers.

But, if I decrease my bidding as well as some of my friendly competitors like Steve, Wm., etc. Then, they will start to feel the loss. As well as their registrars.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ditto to actnow - except that I'm currently looking at about 30 names on pool all with sealed bids of $60.

I'm serious - if we can get enough people to do this, we'll eliminate the economic benefit for pool. Sure, a few jerks may go to $80 to ruin our fun, but much of what they're catching now is crap (vs. enom).

It's another example of that problem from high-school psychology or game theory where doing something that doesn't seem to be completely to your benefit is really better than taking the "greedy" approach. Sorry, too busy to find a link to a better explanation right now.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wooh! Let's all bid $60 so someone like BD can get into the Phase2 auction super cheap and not have any compitition. Great in theory, but I don't think it will work.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
right.
but in *theory* , the competitors and friend of BFD would get pissed off, and try another method...
Think about it...

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't really get it.

Say all small timers bid ONLY $60 for every name in phase1. BD/some other player bids $160. Wouldn't they get in the auction by themselves and also get the name for $160?

I suppose after a while it would hurt Pool's revenues..

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"I really hope you're being sarcastic in your posts."

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
"I really hope you're being sarcastic in your posts."
I think he was :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom