Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Pool's sneaky trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just as an FYI,

If you add a name into the backorders and its not registered yet or if it later gets dropped and they miss it and nobody claims it, Pool will register it for you and charge you $60.

I had a reg fee name get regged at pool today for $60.

-=DCG=-

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that sucks. well i like godaddy for less competitive names. they wont win the drop against snap or pool but if no one else picks it up, its mine for cheap. And godaddy wil discount if you buy 20 or more backorders in one lot.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guess what...there is absolutely nothing about domaining that surprises me any more as it is so money driven.

crazyd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I call that a handjob handreg!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is like those emails you receive from people trying to sell you domains for hundreds or thousands that are similar to yours when they are available to register.

crazyd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is like those emails you receive from people trying to sell you domains for hundreds or thousands that are similar to yours when they are available to register.

I got one of those the other week ("such and such domain is becoming available soon, we can secure it for you..."), only this time the name WAS better than the one I own. So I put a snap on it and got it on the drop! I would not have otherwise known it was dropping. That must have pissed them off.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That style of tactic is not much different then the letters I get via USPS from Domain Registry companies that warn me my names are going to expire soon and I need to send them $60/yr to keep them.

My trash can is full of that crap, and apparently your email trashbins also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom