Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Popunders? Who pays best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was wondering which parking company pays most for popunders or are the all the same. Also, which parking ocmpanies even have popunders as an option. I know Namedrive just added the option.

Domain Days 2024

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been surprised how good the pop-under revenue has gotten at DomainSponsor. Month to Date pop-under is about 8% of my total revenue. I don't think it was anything like this last year.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thinking long term, I think that pop-ups and pop-unders are bad for the PPC parking industry.

If direct navigation becomes annoying, then people will be less likely to use it. I think parked pages should be fast and relevant to what the person typing in stuff to their address bar is looking for.

Also, there are some pop-ups/pop-unders that are scammy, like the ones that say stuff like “You have won a laptop computer! Click here, enter your e-mail address, and we will send it to you!”. If a new Internet user believes the pop ad but does not get the prize or gets spam, then that person will probably have a negative opinion of parked pages like the one that served him that ad for the rest of their entire life on the Internet. Think long-term people.

Generally, almost any website or parked page that causes pop-ups or pop-unders gets a negative vote from me. HTML tricks were interesting in 1996, but in 2006, most users will find them annoying.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
*cough* see signature *cough*

Pop ups / unders are crucial for entertainment based sites that get a ton of pageviews but don't have very targeted content.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parked pages ain't about customer service, repeat business and whatnot. I'm gonna try out the link in your signature, GT. Is there an estimated RPM for pop-unders? I'm not really sure how they work.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
all my traffic that gets nearly zero clicks I put at domainhop , they pay $4 per 1,000 for the popunders, I even get paid .

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Usually you get about $5 CPM with pop unders, if you get a bunch of pageviews, Casale is a great network to use...awesome customer support as well.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Searchsix.com said:
all my traffic that gets nearly zero clicks I put at domainhop , they pay $4 per 1,000 for the popunders, I even get paid .

From what I know about DomainHop, they generally require all domain names parked with them to attempt to display a single pop-under. The DomainHop pop-under is usually just a list of their ad categories. If someone clicks on one of the ad categories, they are taken to a page where the domain name parker would be paid for a click to an advertiser’s website.

I think they generally pay $4 per 1,000 uniques period; they just happen to require a pop-under. Even with no clicks anywhere, and even if the people visiting the parked domain name have their Internet browser or toolbar or whatever block all pop-ups and pop-unders, they still pay per unique visitor (although it is a small amount).

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So if you have tons of traffic the popunders will pay for just popping up, or will the visitors have to click the ads on the popunders?

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My pop-under revenue with domainsponsor is amounting to just under $2 per thousand. I have a high traffic developed website with adsense that only gets about $4 per thousand now, so an additional $4 wouldn't be bad at all. I'll give it a try on the developed sites.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
So if you have tons of traffic the popunders will pay for just popping up, or will the visitors have to click the ads on the popunders?

It depends on the advertiser and the advertising company. Some companies advertise because they want sales now. Some companies advertise to build general awareness of their brand, which they hope will lead to sales later on, or another company buying them out, or in people buying their stocks, or to improve public perception of their company.

Here is a quote from websitegear.com:

"CPM is a type of advertising that pays per impression, which we know from the previous article on ad terminology. For instance if the campaign states $10 CPM, you would be making $10.00 USD per thousand impressions, or 1 cent per ad view. CPC stands for cost per click, and payment is based on the number of clicks delivered from your site. CPC payments do not depend on number of impressions."

Here is a quote from DomainSponsor:

"DomainHop will pay you the HIGHER OF a $4.00 RPM rate (Revenue Per 1,000 unique impressions), if eligible, or 55% of the revenue (RPC) that occurs when a user clicks a paid listing."

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
jdk , if your refering to domainhop , then yes they pay per visitor whether they click or not , $4 per 1,000 uniques , any clicks also get paid on top of that , but as you know domainhop is not good for getting clicks , best to send traffic that you can't seem to monetize just to get the popunder rev., and clicks be a bonus., but note they do filter out most foriegn traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom