Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Possible Sedo Class Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

rh287

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A certain very successful Class Action Law Firm is looking into Sedo's possible deceptive business practices for me. If you feel you have been victimized by Sedo US in any of the following catagories please PM me or email me at [email protected] so I can forward it......

This Firm is looking on here and other forums for valuations of this case.

1) PPCs dropping at a fairly even rate per day..( say dropping $.10 per day down to literally a joke per click)
2)PPC dropping to .02 cents a click
3) Sedo advertises "Industry Leading Parking Revenue", but you feel your not getting the same
4) Excessive time to be paid for your sold domain(s)
5) Excessive time in transferring your bought domain(s)
5) Un answered e-mails after a domain sell or buy

6) Anything else you can contribute...

Please PM me with your complaint(s) so I can forward them...

Or e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks....

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if you're doing the right things/steps here?

In a normal Class Action Litigation, you hire a lawyer and file with the court before recruiting more participants.

In another word, when you want to beat someone, go ahead and beat them. Don't just say 'I am going to beat you'. And remember Sedo members are on this forums too.

Good luck!

John

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1) I think Johnn is correct, and 2, I think this post is better served in the Legal issues thread.

rh287

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if you're doing the right things/steps here?

[In a normal Class Action Litigation, you hire a lawyer and file with the court before recruiting more participants.

In another word, when you want to beat someone, go ahead and beat them. Don't just say 'I am going to beat you'. And remember Sedo members are on this forums too.

Good luck!

John]

I'm not worried that Sedo may know my intentions...I have already let them know....

Its all about principle to me...not money...

Sorry if I am in the wrong forum....I did not realise we had a legal forum....

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you plan a legal action then you need to follow the right steps/procedure or you may get yourself into trouble.

Read the TOS careful before taking any action.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moved to legal section.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo has been nothing great since I have been working with them. Sure they have shortcomings and room for improvement like any other company. But overall I am very pleased with the higher revenue share and earnings. Proper domain monetization does take a trial and error. Payment from a domain sale is based on how fast both parties respond with Sedo. If anyone has any issues I would recommend contacting your account rep before posting them in a public forum.

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am not a happy bunny with them, but there are really something out of their control. The speed of domain transactions depends on how fast the buyer pays and how quickly the seller transfers the domain.
It took me almost 20 days to pay for the first domain I bought from Sedo, because my partner's fund didn't arrive on time, and then it took the seller almost 2 more weeks to answer Sedo's request to transfer the domain to me. However, buyers of my domains sold on Sedo paid quickly and I transferred quickly, so I got paid very fast.
I am not saying we should give them credit for that, but they cannot be blamed solely either. However, they have to come up with a new solution to replace this crappy and unstable system.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I joined Sedo Pro last yr but have only used Sedo a little in the past so more or less neutral on them as far as parking domains and sales go.

My big complaint is I am wondering if they even have a cust serv dept or did they let everyone go last year? All my messages sent about simple issues I was wondering about or not clear to me (even if it involved possibly giving them some business) have been ignored for a long time. I don't know how a firm can stay #1 as they seem to be if they do not respond to inquiries from so many clients over the past several mos. This seems to be ongoing with many customers and getting worse as time goes by according to both my own experience and what I read from others.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In a normal Class Action Litigation, you hire a lawyer and file with the court before recruiting more participants.

Actually you can send out a request to organize a group that files the lawsuit; when it reaches class action status anyone affected can join.

Sedo's revenue is simply unpredictable. I moved 640 domains to Parked.com and left only 6 at Sedo to keep an eye on the infamous yo-yo revenue spikes.

Customer service works if you're willing to call them often and be aggressive in your arguments. It's not the agents' fault - the company grew too fast.

For the time being I am using Parked, NameDrive and a little bit of Sedo.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for sales ive had no issues with sedo.. for parking i find traffic just disapears with names that have always had steady streams at other parksites.

I tried them twice with surfire domains and both times ive been failed. I dont have time to investigate, i just move on. I might sample them again in a year or so.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually you can send out a request to organize a group that files the lawsuit; when it reaches class action status anyone affected can join.

Sedo's revenue is simply unpredictable. I moved 640 domains to Parked.com and left only 6 at Sedo to keep an eye on the infamous yo-yo revenue spikes.

Customer service works if you're willing to call them often and be aggressive in your arguments. It's not the agents' fault - the company grew too fast.

For the time being I am using Parked, NameDrive and a little bit of Sedo.

I did the same except moved all of my domains from Sedo to parked.com. Im making more in a few days with Paked.com then i did in a whole year with sedo.
Sedo also cancelled a few domains which they thought were unappropriate. But these domains have a different meaning in Japan. I didnt like that sedo cancelled my domains based on only their opinions without talking to me about it.
Just forget Sedo. move them to Parked until another comes up. I dont know about NameDrive. is that better than Parked.com?

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont know about NameDrive. is that better than Parked.com?

Namedrive.com has been very good for me and i'll say that without referral. TrafficClub.com is another terrific place I will happily say is great. Sign up and test drive them with domains you know have steady flow. Thats what i do to testdrive a parksite. But be sure and give a week or two to let them settle into the system. Most parksites do need at least a couple weeks to adjust to your domains needs. TrafficClub has its positive sides and Namedrive as well. I use them both. I've spoken to Ed (namedrive) and with traffic club on the phone. They are such a pleasure to deal with and open every door for you and your interests. Real down home sort of service from both places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom