Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Posts archived on search engines...2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Platinum Lounge (5 Viewing)
This is a private forum available to Platinum and Exclusive members to discuss anything you wish.

Guess that should be changed then..

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"What I do not understand is why people who visit the forums via http://www.dnforum.com and are not members cannot read the forums, yet those who search on past records on a domain name who are end users (ie. Joe goes to google as he wants to buy xyz.com from me and sees that I had it for sale at one point for $$$ but he would be willing to pay $$$$$, that would make it harder to get Joe to pay $$$$$ because he sees it was once for sale for lower..) can see the posts no problem"

Too funny. To true. And the answer is simple. They will never get another fee from a new member. The SE query is supposed to at least make them aware of the site. Get em to visit. Maybe they'll join. They obviously cant browse, respond, to all the posts or communicate with other members without a mship. However a quick whois will certainly come in handy. But really, the value of a, well, non-private platinum membership should surely suffer. Many pros and cons to this scenerio for all involved. All you can do is act accordingly. Allowing the indexing by SE , in my opinion, should at least not include previous posts , before the decision was made to allow indexing. Thats only fair, if its possible.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On another note: I'd rather pay $50 a year to have ALL forums private and to remove all the ads (especially the flashy ones on the front page) and maybe to have droplists.net work as the searches I do no longer work.. :)

And absolutely no SE's should be allowed.

I have no problem with people to be able to browse and search the forums if they visit DNForum.com, but not people searching for my domains on a public search engine.

Just my 2 cents.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with Jordan, let guests view the board, but block search engines...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom